6 Mile Run Conditions

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I just did a clockwise loop from Jaques, I walked a couple of really wet areas but the new work on white will be nice once it dries out. I also think that it'll ride much better going counterclockwise, it feels like that was the intent.
The White was intended to be counter? It was cut from where it branches off the red near Middlebush. I think most people ride it that way (from Middlebush) when doing the full loop proper.

jklett

The White was intended to be counter? It was cut from where it branches off the red near Middlebush. I think most people ride it that way (from Middlebush) when doing the full loop proper.
Not the whole loop, I was talking about the new work @jdog is doing. It feels like it wants to be rode the other way.

jklett

How were the corners in the cedars? Slippery?
Some we're a little greasy but not all. If it stays dry that area should be decent by tomorrow afternoon but expect some pretty wet spots throughout the park. I only did that short loop and I was the only one there.

I just took the dogs for a ride in the car by the canal road lot and there were a lot of guys with "racing stripes" and brown bikes loading up. I'm glad I didn't go that route.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Some we're a little greasy but not all. If it stays dry that area should be decent by tomorrow afternoon but expect some pretty wet spots throughout the park. I only did that short loop and I was the only one there.

I just took the dogs for a ride in the car by the canal road lot and there were a lot of guys with "racing stripes" and brown bikes loading up. I'm glad I didn't go that route.
Sounds like a no go for the morning, and a few chance of showers tomorrow doesn’t sound good before the Sunday rain #fartnoise

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

groups from south jersey ride it the other way.....it is unnatural.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I just did a clockwise loop from Jaques, I walked a couple of really wet areas but the new work on white will be nice once it dries out. I also think that it'll ride much better going counterclockwise, it feels like that was the intent.

I've been cutting the canal side loop with a clockwise bias for the last decade or longer. (I've been considering signage that indicates a clockwise preferred direction on that side to diminish the head-on collisions).

The latest mechanical work I've been doing is on the NICA race loop and the kids usually hit this section going the other way. It will be good in either direction once it wears in, but this particular section was done with a nod toward the upcoming Nica Race.

That said, I'd like to ask anyone who reads this to DONATE to NICA NJ this season. This is the future of cycling in NJ as I see it. No amount is too small, but consider that many employers with match a 5010 c 3 contribution.

Kids are not riding bikes as they once did and frankly it's hurting the bike industry badly.

https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/NationalInterscholasticCyclin/SupportNewJerseyMTB.html

While you have your CC out, don't forget about JORBA. 6mr would simply not be what you know it to be w/o JORBA:

https://www.jorba.org/donate

Last edited:

Ian F

Oddly enough, for the last 10 years I've ridden Blue, White and Red almost exclusively clockwise, usually starting at the Canal Rd lot.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions