6 Mile Run Conditions

Dajerseyrat

Would love to see the same shots in July / Aug... trails looks trashed now and I’m wondering how it will look when its prime riding season. Will most of the ruts get smoothed out from regular riding and all the blow out ridden around areas end up grown in or not.
Six mile does not self heal like some places do. What you're gonna see is a bunch of guys out there with shovels and rakes breaking their asses to fix it, because mountain biking is their passion.

CrankAddictRich

I rode 6MR this morning... wheels down at 8am with snow coming down. Everything was frozen and the riding was great. I ended up doing a lap and half + a little extra and I did see the slightest bit of thaw beginning to happen in the areas getting some sun as I headed back to the lot on red.

thegock

We finished our full loop without White @ 12 noon and it was just starting to thaw. Ride frozen mornings.

IMG_20190113_100348-01.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Would love to see the same shots in July / Aug... trails looks trashed now and I’m wondering how it will look when its prime riding season. Will most of the ruts get smoothed out from regular riding and all the blow out ridden around areas end up grown in or not.

at 6MR, the dirt will probably get carried away by surface water flow, and it will turn into a water hole with mud, that will get ridden around - we see this on
trail approaching the iron bridge - it was a large crew, and a couple days to do the fill-in work with bricks. will see how that works out this year.
CR has had a couple of these types of spots develop - never dried up last year.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
at 6MR, the dirt will probably get carried away by surface water flow, and it will turn into a water hole with mud, that will get ridden around - we see this on
trail approaching the iron bridge - it was a large crew, and a couple days to do the fill-in work with bricks. will see how that works out this year.
CR has had a couple of these types of spots develop - never dried up last year.

I have more of those bricks - found another small stack behind the shed. I’ll bring them over if they unlocked the gate at the house. I was gonna build a step up to the bridge itself since that is washing away with the remainder. There are a few stacks at the one parking spot on south middlebush too.

Dajerseyrat

I have more of those bricks - found another small stack behind the shed. I’ll bring them over if they unlocked the gate at the house. I was gonna build a step up to the bridge itself since that is washing away with the remainder. There are a few stacks at the one parking spot on south middlebush too.
Would that crushed stone that they use to put under patios work? Cause we could all chip in for a dumptruck full and have it delivered to one of the lots..

snashters

View attachment 82650View attachment 82647View attachment 82648View attachment 82649

Look for a little more singletrack on the blue trail. Rough cut it in this am with the Billy Goat brush hog. Needs a ton more ground work and a bit more saw work. Should make a nice 2nd half of the section we cut last year. Feel free to head out there and rake it out if you are feeling ambitious.
Rode this re-route for the first time this morning. It still needs to be ridden in some more to knock off the rough edges, but it’s a nice addition.:thumbsup:

Scott

Can I assume 6-mile still needs to be frozen for a good ride with minimal to no damage? Want to ride this afternoon. Thoughts?

thegock

We have entered the Arctic Tundra phase of the riding year. I rode local (20 miles east of Six Mile) yesterday afternoon and there was very little mud. The place will be bone. Have at it and post back here.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Can I assume 6-mile still needs to be frozen for a good ride with minimal to no damage? Want to ride this afternoon. Thoughts?
That assumption is pretty much true every winter, all winter long. Maybe a few exceptions. Afternoons are almost always no good.

walter

Fourth Party
Went today, and the trails are as bad as I have ever seen them. The blue trail is pretty much demolished.. one part has tracks that look like something motorized went through. I walked a bunch of sections so as not to make it worse. The upper part of 27 side was ok and still frozen when I started. The entire blue section was already thawed out and slippery peanut butter by the time I got there. I contemplated biking back on the road to the 27 lot but didn't have the energy to don't he extra miles. I took red back and walked the really bogged out sections. Red was in far better shape however.
The very last picture was the newer blue section we cut in with Jay in October, it's absolutely demolished. Some of the ruts are 8"deep. I won't be riding 6 mile anytime soon...I suggest we all sign up for trail maintenance with @jdog and pitch in fixing this disaster this spring..

These should probably be shared over on the NJ Mountain bike FB page

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions