6 Mile Run Conditions

Fun. Most of it not very technical and elevation change is modest. Good flow. This suited me fine as I'm 80% road/cx and just riding into shape after the Christmas cookies and bourbon season. Will probably head back tomorrow as my local stuff (Nox and Core Creek) is closed/vulnerable like 6 mile run now.

Reactions: w_b
Not picking on you so don’t take this personally- this is exactly what i said in my post saying to get out before the sun is up. Doesn’t matter how cold it is unless it’s cloudy and in the teens. If the sun gets up it thaws. Early bird gets the worm.

Bingo! I was there this morning before the thaw and it was concrete hard and fast. Sun and warm is the enemy people.

Yeah, lesson learned on this freezing thaw cycle. The sun has a major impact on it.

I learned this lesson last year. Got there a little too late and it was shit by the time I finished.

It's really a bummer the place is that rutted up. I was going to get up at zero dark thirty tomorrow and head to Six Mile as I haven't ridden there in months due to the nonstop rain. I guess I'll find somewhere else to ride.

Fun. Most of it not very technical and elevation change is modest. Good flow. This suited me fine as I'm 80% road/cx and just riding into shape after the Christmas cookies and bourbon season. Will probably head back tomorrow as my local stuff (Nox and Core Creek) is closed/vulnerable like 6 mile run now.
Give Hartshorne a try also, lots more climbing with some chunky stuff. Lots of fun, my go to place.

I learned this lesson last year. Got there a little too late and it was shit by the time I finished.

It's really a bummer the place is that rutted up. I was going to get up at zero dark thirty tomorrow and head to Six Mile as I haven't ridden there in months due to the nonstop rain. I guess I'll find somewhere else to ride.
Try Rutgers, might be dry by now. Good for a couple of fast loops.

BTW, what time is zero dark thirty????

Nassau trail is in awesome shape. I was there when the sun was high and shining and almost zero soft spots. It's hidden from tht sun better I guess.
If you like six mile, Nassau is like six miles distant cousin.

I live 7 or 8 miles from Rutgers. It started snowing maybe 30 minutes ago. I usually ride there from my house but I might just stay local and hit some North Edison trails near my house so I can avoid road salt.

I live 7 or 8 miles from Rutgers. It started snowing maybe 30 minutes ago. I usually ride there from my house but I might just stay local and hit some North Edison trails near my house so I can avoid road salt.
I'll be in the Ave E lot by 815 9f you're interested

Went today, and the trails are as bad as I have ever seen them. The blue trail is pretty much demolished.. one part has tracks that look like something motorized went through. I walked a bunch of sections so as not to make it worse. The upper part of 27 side was ok and still frozen when I started. The entire blue section was already thawed out and slippery peanut butter by the time I got there. I contemplated biking back on the road to the 27 lot but didn't have the energy to don't he extra miles. I took red back and walked the really bogged out sections. Red was in far better shape however.
The very last picture was the newer blue section we cut in with Jay in October, it's absolutely demolished. Some of the ruts are 8"deep. I won't be riding 6 mile anytime soon...I suggest we all sign up for trail maintenance with @jdog and pitch in fixing this disaster this spring..

Would love to see the same shots in July / Aug... trails looks trashed now and I’m wondering how it will look when its prime riding season. Will most of the ruts get smoothed out from regular riding and all the blow out ridden around areas end up grown in or not.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions