6 Mile Run Conditions

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
That new section on blue by the deer fence is not good. I took some pics of the new spot and one the old spot. Wouldn’t be much of an issue if people didn’t ride in mud but it’s really holding water compared to the old way.

New:

View attachment 82122

Old:

View attachment 82123
I'll make it right. I've been working on a project at home for two months that i'm just about done with.

For now it might show people the damage they are a part of.

thegock

Lol Ed I saw the group pop up a few days ago when there were about 2-3 members. Joined to troll and see what’s up and if they do rude muddy trails. I see now there is actually a rider there named 6 mile mud rider?!? Wtf is with people?

@Jaymz

Jim has more clubs than whips, and that's saying a lot.

w_b

So, I'm working this morning and checkin' around for some tubing connectors and dis guy keeps poppin' up. Take a break, search around to try and find me a chainring, and there he is again. WTF? Check the bonds market and the yield curve has frickin' inverted. Coincidence? I think not. Pretty soon there will be a club for riding mud trails. Oh, wait, N/M.

The end is near.

Capture.JPG

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Uber freeze thaw cycle right now, afternoons are grease on glass and mud conditions for sure.

Nailed it. Some spots when frozen are still messy but overall it’s great before the sun gets up. Once the sun is up it’s over.

rick81721

Lothar
I was actually shocked to see only a few mud riders at 6mr this late morning. I talked to the guy in orange on the far left - he was surprisingly apologetic and wanted to help so I steered him to Halters to talk to j about working on the trails

46662407_368459677248472_3525591118068828742_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dajerseyrat

I was actually shocked to see only a few mud riders at 6mr this late morning. I talked to the guy in orange on the far left - he was actually apologetic and wanted to help so I steered him to Halters to talk to j about working on the trails

46662407_368459677248472_3525591118068828742_n.jpg
LOL I actually know the guy in the white Subaru...

Dajerseyrat

Really? I was gonna talk to him too but he took off. Had a very muddy fatbike on the rack
He rides 6 mile all the time, he's a regular. I personally don't approach people and scold them about trail conditions as I found most people don't like being told what to do. I take a "mind your business" attitude about the topic, after all it's only a trail that is gonna get eroded from weather anyway, it's not the end of the world and I rather avoid the confrontation from the one person that's gonna tell me to go eff myself.

rick81721

Lothar
He rides 6 mile all the time, he's a regular. I personally don't approach people and scold them about trail conditions as I found most people don't like being told what to do. I take a "mind your business" attitude about the topic, after all it's only a trail that is gonna get eroded from weather anyway, it's not the end of the world and I rather avoid the confrontation from the one person that's gonna tell me to go eff myself.

I don't scold either, that's a recipe for fisticuffs. Just start a conversation and suggest there are better times to ride trails that don't damage them. Most mtbers are ok with this approach.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Rangers see ruts and hikers see ruts and hikers complain and then we lose access because the rangers will have to do something about it. Riding is not a right it’s a privilege so please say something to him and tell him to stop.

And selfishly speaking, I hate riding people’s frozen ruts in the mornings. 99% of the time their lines suck and it’s annoying, so I hate it, not just for access, but because it ruins my ride. On top of that, instead of cutting new trails, we end up fixing old shit.

So saying nothing isn’t an acceptable answer to me. Say something - it helps the sport and all of us.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It is the same as with the no helmet riders. But if no one tells them, how will they know. Almost any encounter is most
Likely going to be taken negatively, but some people just never thought about it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions