6 Mile Run Conditions

Was out trimming on the Blue trail late this afternoon, dry in the open areas, little slick in the covered areas. Should be good by Thursday afternoon. Few mud holes but surprisingly dry given the rain on Tuesday in the area.
image.jpeg

Amazing how easy it is to carry in full and difficult to carry out empty.
Easy to just leave it for someone else to carry it out.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thinking getting a hedge trimmer attachment for trimming. Which one do you use, and how do you like it?
Thanks

Allot depends on what and how you are planning to trim.

Stihl FS 460 C - brush cutter, thick and heavy ground cover, aggressive clearing, 300mm brush knives,
best cutting blade for trail clearing

Stihl HL 94 - hedge trimmer, work horse, ground and above ground trimming, high productivity if cover is not thick,blade adjustment key for cutting angles

Last edited:
I see. I have a 80volt attachmentent capable string trimmer, and thinking getting a hedge trimmer attachment. Do you usually bring your brush cutter and headge trimmer together?

@WJF props on 6 Mile. A friend of mine was just there and commented on all the bridges and what not. Excited to come check out the place. Heard I could probably get by on my road bike in there. :)

@WJF props on 6 Mile. A friend of mine was just there and commented on all the bridges and what not. Excited to come check out the place. Heard I could probably get by on my road bike in there. :)
A lot of people do ride CX bikes there, so just throw some knobbies on that road bike.

Anyone been out? Haven't had a chance to get over there yet for a conditions check. Thinking it's still a bit wet but this weather is perfect. Hoping late today or tomorrow is good.

Rode the whole park today. There were a couple mud spots on blue but the old "tar pits" was nice and firm. There were a handful of mud spots on red between Middlebush and 27 and the usual hole on orange. Otherwise it's 99% hero dirt.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions