6 Mile Run Conditions

Kangdoy

Anyone planning on doing a recon later today? Or have an opinion on how conditions will be tomorrow afternoon?

S1CAR10

Canal side red and blue was not bad at all. Couple of puddles here and there but nothing you cant ride around. I think we need to fill these in with some dirt.
20180823_193451.jpg

qclabrat

Canal side red and blue was not bad at all. Couple of puddles here and there but nothing you cant ride around. I think we need to fill these in with some dirt.View attachment 75790
Which part of the trail is that?
The general practice for unavoidable puddles I believe is to ride gently through the middle. I used to also ride around thinking I was helping, but was told it actually does more damage by widening the puddle and trail. Great job turning around and riding elsewhere yesterday. It's easy to stay when you're already there.

rick81721

Lothar
Which part of the trail is that?
The general practice for unavoidable puddles I believe is to ride gently through the middle. I used to also ride around thinking I was helping, but was told it actually does more damage by widening the puddle and trail. Great job turning around and riding elsewhere yesterday. It's easy to stay when you're already there.

The Jurassic tar pits - on blue before the steel bridge

S1CAR10

Ah, good to know. I usually pick up the bike and walk over it or turn around because it usually gets worse further down. Those puddles are right before the steel bridge.

ekuhn

Blue down by the bridge was the worst spot. Wet spots in the corners and typical spots. Rest of the trails were 90%.

Thanks to who ever cut some of those slit trenches from the puddles to help them drain.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
TM this sunday Sunday the 26th at 9am. Bring a shovel. Buckets and wheelbarrows are helpful. Park at the White House closest to the south Middlebush trail crossing.

You will get muddy. Dress appropriately.

Gloves, water and some food are a good idea.

ekuhn

TM this sunday Sunday the 26th at 9am. Bring a shovel. Buckets and wheelbarrows are helpful. Park at the White House closest to the south Middlebush trail crossing.

You will get muddy. Dress appropriately.

Gloves, water and some food are a good idea.

I'll be there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions