6 Mile Run Conditions

Got out yesterday afternoon and saw a number of you out there. Ran into and chatted with Wild Bill; trails are looking great - a big thanks to all of those who have been clearing trees over the past few weeks. Blue was end-end clear and very closely approaching hero dirt.

The big trees down on Red/Orange will need some labor and saws. Happy to help out later this week after work (6:00-Sunset)

Attachments

• F6117C52-6904-47B3-8748-83117D0B6193.jpeg
    F6117C52-6904-47B3-8748-83117D0B6193.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 185
Katanaboy - Awesome tool. You will love it! Yeah it's good upper body workout but you can cut some serious stuff with it. Still need to use good saw skills and read what the tree is doing as you go. I carry a smaller Silky Bigboy on my pack whenever I ride.
TAS

View attachment 66920

That is an ambitious cut. Nice work.

i'm going to try to get in an early AM ride tomorrow. i will bring my brand new sawto do some cleanup on red and orange!

I’m out of commission with a nasty viral chest cold. Cut away - just be careful. A lot of the trees are under pressure, you’ll hear the wood start to crack and snap when you are cutting. If that starts happening make sure you are out of the way of the trunk snapping back and the tree moving in a weird way. Thankfully a lot of the cedars are small, so they don’t pack too much of a punch when they dislodge.

And depending on the tree, some will give very little warning before letting go.......

I’m out of commission with a nasty viral chest cold. Cut away - just be careful. A lot of the trees are under pressure, you’ll hear the wood start to crack and snap when you are cutting. If that starts happening make sure you are out of the way of the trunk snapping back and the tree moving in a weird way. Thankfully a lot of the cedars are small, so they don’t pack too much of a punch when they dislodge.
bummer, get better soon and thanks for all the hard work!

Are the trails dry enough to ride? Thinking of bringing my bike to work tomorrow since I’ll likely be done early enough to get in a decent ride.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions