6 Mile Run Conditions

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Was there this morning going for a hike with the Mrs. Sad to say there were people riding and it was a real mess. They even brought a drone with them and were recording themselves. I said something about not riding but they didn’t seem to understand and I wasn’t going to push the issue.

Hey sharpshooter, you could have taken out the drone.

RJ Robinson

I know someone mentioned this somewhere before, but is there some sort of trail sign that can be made and placed at the trail heads?

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was there this morning going for a hike with the Mrs. Sad to say there were people riding and it was a real mess. They even brought a drone with them and were recording themselves. I said something about not riding but they didn’t seem to understand and I wasn’t going to push the issue.
Pictures next time. Shaming helps.

pygmypony

i'm assuming with the past two days of colder temps and wind...and tomorrow's early AM sub 20s...6MR should be pretty nice tomorrow early AM...

anyone been out there and have a trail report? thanks!

joe c

Tonggi

Not to be a downer but wouldn't hiking there do the same amount of damage?

jklett

I was just at Jacques lane figuring that it should be frozen enough to do a quick loop red to white before it thaws. It was frozen alright, massive ruts and all. If anyone finds my fillings, let me know.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I got a little time in the saddle at 6 mile this morning. I didn't get there as early as I wanted but it was still frozen when I set off from the Canal lot at about 10:00am. Areas exposed to the sun were getting slick fast. I ended up finishing the ride on the roads as the conditions had deteriorated that rapidly. :confused:

WJF

I got a little time in the saddle at 6 mile this morning. I didn't get there as early as I wanted but it was still frozen when I set off from the Canal lot at about 10:00am. Areas exposed to the sun were getting slick fast. I ended up finishing the ride on the roads as the conditions had deteriorated that rapidly. :confused:

Some additional comments about the conditions today,

sptimmy43, thanks for your effort to get off the trail, you did the right thing, save the trails and your bike for another day

- Those who got out early had primo frozen conditions but had to deal with massive areas of frozen ruts
- I started trimming around 10:30 and the sun turned the Red Trail rutted up areas into slick peanut butter
- Had to watch mud caked bikes pass me and advise that the mud conditions are not good for the trails or their bikes
- It is hard to understand why people just do not get it or really care what impact they have on the condition of the trails
- Also picked up many discarded water bottles, so easy to carry them in full and impossible to carry them out empty

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Consult_Ant

@WJF I was one of the riders that passed by you trimming (light blue bike) and made a comment about how surprised I was at how quickly the conditions had deteriorated. I took the road back to my car just after I passed you.

Regardless, mark me down as in IOU for trail work on an upcoming trail day.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So, lots of snow/ice/rain yesterday. Any chance SMR won't be a skating rink tomorrow morning? Overnight lows dipping below 20 so it will be frozen, just not sure if it will be solid ice or rideable snow. I do not have studded tires.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions