6 Mile Run Conditions

I don't think very much at all, gonna see how it is tomorrow morning before more rain comes in. Hope it's just some avoidable wet spots.

Currently at 27 lot. A HUGE thanks for whoever put the fresh dirt over the mud pit after the steel bridge on blue!

"Felt real bad adding to the ruts and go-arounds." Well then you should have NOT ridden through those spots. If you felt bad, then you know you did something wrong. There is no excuse. Sorry, not sorry.

Thanks to @Kirt for the props. I try to do what I can to educate and inform. I obviously can't see the entire park all the time, but I do know it well, and this summer has created some real problem areas. I can post to stay away (and do) when conditions are bad. That doesn't mean people will listen. Also, it's not like everyone who rides 6MR follows @sixmilers or is on here.

@AndyJ is also 100% correct. Use yer noggins people.

I judge conditions in an overall sense. If the trail is mostly dry and there are only problem areas, I say it like it is. I assume people will use their best judgement (even though I know not everyone will). I probably ride there more than anyone, but even I can't get there EVERY day and hit the whole park. So sometimes I judge conditions based on reports from others, and sometimes I go on my experience based on the weather and my knowledge of the trail and how it handles water (which is normally pretty good).

Last Friday afternoon I was out and it was great. Even too dusty in spots. Wednesday I went out after work and it was great. Thursday evening I rode the road down to check things out at South Middlebush and the trails were mostly too wet (and the bridge is almost done, btw).

This summer sucks. 95% of the park can be great, and there there are persistent mud pits. I feel like it should go without saying, but the key is to NOT RIDE THROUGH THE MUD PITS. Screw your Strava times and stop, get off, and walk around.

General rule of thumb that EVERYONE should know... If it POURS today for even an hour, it will be NO GOOD to ride tomorrow.

Rode last night on the canal side- as others have said 95% good. 5% walked around the mud holes and had a good ride. Surprised the long wooden bridge is gone again! I have been traveling a ton the last week and a half so I assume that must be a recent loss. Is there a salvage operation forming? I live close and could lend a hand.

Rode last night on the canal side- as others have said 95% good. 5% walked around the mud holes and had a good ride. Surprised the long wooden bridge is gone again! I have been traveling a ton the last week and a half so I assume that must be a recent loss. Is there a salvage operation forming? I live close and could lend a hand.

Take a hike downstream and locate the bridge - I found it last time it washed away a few hundred yds down in the flood plain

^^ What @qclabrat said - some mud spots. most are almost hopable (sp?) i like to land my back tire in them, and get the person behind me....
mostly good - too many people

Going to start fixing all the holes this week. Anyone down for weekday AM digging??

Today I saw a guy riding with a helmet.. unfortunately he had it strapped to his backpack.

I can't believe how many (25+) helmet-less riders out there..

Last edited:
Going to start fixing all the holes this week. Anyone down for weekday AM digging??

Today I saw a guy riding with a helmet.. unfortunately he had it strapped to his backpack.

I can't believe how may (25+) helmet-less riders out there..
I like the two better who had split their gear
one was wearing a full face helmet and his pal the body armor.
I don't get it

Ugh. I missed out. After bringing my son to college, I drove 40 min to get there at about 4pm to only have it start raining pretty hard. Pulled into the lot, sat for a few min, didn't even get out, drove back home. Was hoping I'd get a ride in. Oh well......another day.......maybe Monday depending on what falls there tonight.

Yeah even Jacques lot was full most of the day yesterday. That almost never happens. Lots of people out, saw a bunch with no helmets as has been mentioned.

Constant rain since yesterday afternoon hopefully stopping soon, but I doubt it'll become rideable before Monday evening, if even.

Thanks for all the hard work @jdog!

Yeah even Jacques lot was full most of the day yesterday. That almost never happens. Lots of people out, saw a bunch with no helmets as has been mentioned.

Constant rain since yesterday afternoon hopefully stopping soon, but I doubt it'll become rideable before Monday evening, if even.

Thanks for all the hard work @jdog!

Honestly, late day Wednesday is the earliest anyone should even consider riding there.....and even that depends on what transpires on Tues and Wed precipitation-wise. Forecast looks like we maybe out of luck til next weekend.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions