6 Mile Run Conditions

Cut out the 2 downed trees this am.

Major FU to the asshat that purposefully dumped broken glass on the race course. Not one bottle, but rather a garbage bag full.

Real classy.

Major FU to the asshat that purposefully dumped broken glass on the race course. Not one bottle, but rather a garbage bag full.

Real classy.
Unreal! WTF is with people?

Hope you got the cops involved, that glass could have hurt someone.

Sorted the wildly overgrown section east of the cement bridge this am.

Keep me posted on trouble spots you encounter.

Now that the NICA race is over, I'm good to start moving dirt again
IMG_0144.JPG

I'm hopping to get a Sunday morning ride there on a new bike, though weather doesn't look promising, but keep me posted please

Conditions are perfect!

On another note, what does everyone think of the logover on orange (pictured here) at https://goo.gl/maps/BvFgsKLnuC52?

Personally it's an absolute flow killer for me and my 26 in wheels.

That logover is small enough to hop if you are looking to keep speeds up though that area. I'll either roll over it or hop it depending on my mood and speed as I approach it so it really doesn't effect me.

good reason to learn a proper American bunny hop. I'll do it one day, please don't remove.

btw, I also ride a 26r

I have been gun shy this year at the "thread the needle" section on technical red (I typically climb this). I look exactly where I don't want to go- careening over the edge in a 20 foot freefall to the stream and bail-out. Last year it didn't spook me and I blasted up it more times than not. This year I must be feeling my mortality.

I have been gun shy this year at the "thread the needle" section on technical red (I typically climb this). I look exactly where I don't want to go- careening over the edge in a 20 foot freefall to the stream and bail-out. Last year it didn't spook me and I blasted up it more times than not. This year I must be feeling my mortality.

I experienced that 20-foot free fall last year. Somehow I walked out of there with a few minor scratches on my thigh...and a torn bib.

I have yet to conquer that little climb. I think I need to carry more speed coming down that hill/turn before the free fall.

BTW conditions are perfect. This morning's drizzle tacked it all up.

The first "roller coaster" on red heading to canal road? My bike almost ended up in the drink on an attempt earlier this year - luckily one pedal stuck to the side.

Real classy.
Unbelievable! what is it with the MTB-haters? Not only do they use fear-mongering to demonize us, but also creating actual dangerous conditions to injure us? Sickening.

The first "roller coaster" on red heading to canal road? My bike almost ended up in the drink on an attempt earlier this year - luckily one pedal stuck to the side.
Anyone have a picture of this obstacle with the potential for a 20ft fall? I only have ~10 rides under my belt at 6MR but I am not familiar. Am I missing something? I usually take red->orange->red->white->red to canal.

Anyone have a picture of this obstacle with the potential for a 20ft fall? I only have ~10 rides under my belt at 6MR but I am not familiar. Am I missing something? I usually take red->orange->red->white->red to canal.

It's not an obstacle - the first drop on red after white trail, with all the erosion and roots in the center the best way to clean it is right side, which brings you perilously close to swimming with the fishes

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions