6 Mile Run Conditions

Forgot to mention there were two trees down - one about 1/2 mile in from the rt 27 lot. say 10" caliper or so.

and i can't remember where the other one was. Help! i'm getting old.

Forgot to mention there were two trees down - one about 1/2 mile in from the rt 27 lot. say 10" caliper or so.

Thinking the other tree you're talking about is by the red trail heading towards Canal Road? The "technical" red trail.

Conditions are great. Hero dirt everywhere. Most of the puddles are gone. This morning's rain was minimal. Gonna be fantastic tomorrow before it rains again.

hmm, what part of the park did you ride? i rode orange from the 27 lot on Saturday evening and turned around before i usually do because it was too slick in parts of orange.

i remember the one of the 27 side of red, but i think there was another new fallen natural obstacle either on the canal side of red, or on blue. i don't remember exactly.

but yes it rained buckets late last night in the area. rain like i haven't seen in a while.

Shout out to Bill and whoever else has been trimming. Lookin good out there!
hmm, what part of the park did you ride? i rode orange from the 27 lot on Saturday evening and turned around before i usually do because it was too slick in parts of orange.

The entire park. Aside from a few puddles/usual mud spots, it was great. Usual spots were actually improved since earlier in the week.

Rode Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Was better each time.

I could swear there is one down on blue
i remember the one of the 27 side of red, but i think there was another new fallen natural obstacle either on the canal side of red, or on blue. i don't remember exactly.

but yes it rained buckets late last night in the area. rain like i haven't seen in a while.

i seem to remember something on blue. might have to go for a hike!
might be the loop that goes by both sides of the large log ride.

IMG_6071.JPG

just got back in town so not sure on trail conditions. we good to ride this afternoon?
I can't imagine it would be good........or advisable to hit the trails. Just rained pretty hard there about 24-48 hours ago on top of considerable rain right before that. I'd give it til Saturday at earliest to let things dry out better and for the good of all.

i actually stopped by the trailhead this morning to give it a look - someone should give it a ride to check it out. they might be pleasantly surprised.

I was surprised yesterday riding down canal road that the exit from red there was no puddle. That's usually a good sign

did a 6MR dawn patrol today from Rt 27 lot...generally things were decent, with a handful of slick spots and a few puddles...if you use some reasonable discretion, you should be fine...things should dry up perfectly for this weekend!

as for the trees....

this is the one along the trail to/from the rt 27 lot...along the creek...you can also see the small puddle on the other side...that's about as bad as it gets today...
IMG_0670.JPG

and here's the one on the "technical" red trail from canal road...it's dropped closer to the ground over the last few weeks so it actually "might" be clearable going downhill...but a little tricky going uphill...

IMG_0669.JPG

did a 6MR dawn patrol today from Rt 27 lot...generally things were decent, with a handful of slick spots and a few puddles...if you use some reasonable discretion, you should be fine...things should dry up perfectly for this weekend!

as for the trees....

this is the one along the trail to/from the rt 27 lot...along the creek...you can also see the small puddle on the other side...that's about as bad as it gets today...
View attachment 53068

and here's the one on the "technical" red trail from canal road...it's dropped closer to the ground over the last few weeks so it actually "might" be clearable going downhill...but a little tricky going uphill...

View attachment 53069

I'll sort all the downed trees next week. I have been working hard on sorting the NICA race course for this Sunday.

This reminds me that the white trail and the trails around Jacques lane are basically closed on Sunday June 11th.

You can stay away from this area and ride he park, but just make it easy and avoid the park all together on Sunday.

I would however encourage people to come and cheer on the kids and check out he future of mtbing in NJ.

We also need volunteers and u can register to do so on the NICA nj website.

I'll sort all the downed trees next week. I have been working hard on sorting the NICA race course for this Sunday.

This reminds me that the white trail and the trails around Jacques lane are basically closed on Sunday June 11th.

You can stay away from this area and ride he park, but just make it easy and avoid the park all together on Sunday.

I would however encourage people to come and cheer on the kids and check out he future of mtbing in NJ.

We also need volunteers and u can register to do so on the NICA nj website.
i will be there with my kid! trying to find our ski race cowbells! good luck tomorrow! the trails should be in great shape!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions