6 Mile Run Conditions

qclabrat

finally got out there today and conditions are stellar
actually getting dusty to the north but the 27 side is perfectly tacky. go get some today before the rain
thanks @jdog and the other guy in the pics who built the bridge on white. Glad to see it was wide enough that my vertigo didn't set in

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
finally got out there today and conditions are stellar
actually getting dusty to the north but the 27 side is perfectly tacky. go get some today before the rain
thanks @jdog and the other guy in the pics who built the bridge on white. Glad to see it was wide enough that my vertigo didn't set in

That looks like Mike, our "inside" guy.

Today's project.

IMG_6524.JPG

Patrick

Staff member
I had no idea there's an alternate route on white. Where does the trail dump you into?

I should have called it an alternate stream crossing. it is bypassing the "rainbow" bridge, which is too narrow for a NICA race. Coming down hill from the field towards the picnic table, hard
right after the fence post, 25 meters, hard left over the bridge, then reconnect somewhere (not sure that part is done) before climbing.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Sooo...what would it take to make a bridge that goes over South Middlebush Road...??? :rolleyes:
They are about to rebuild the bridge that is just north of the road crossing. S Middlebush will be closed for some time.

This should make for very easy road crossing or potentially very difficult as who knows what impact the construction will have.

Patrick

Staff member
They are about to rebuild the bridge that is just north of the road crossing. S Middlebush will be closed for some time.

This should make for very easy road crossing or potentially very difficult as who knows what impact the construction will have.

we should lobby for a pedestrian crossing under the bridge - probably too late?
i thought it was done, and it hasn't even started!

Ian F

Considering the Griggstown causeway was closed this morning due to flooding (as of ~7AM) and water levels look to be pretty high, I'm guessing it'll be a few days before things dry out. Crossing the concrete bridge on Red might be tricky...

But... it's sunny and windy right now - good for drying things out - so who knows...

rick81721

Lothar
Considering the Griggstown causeway was closed this morning due to flooding (as of ~7AM) and water levels look to be pretty high, I'm guessing it'll be a few days before things dry out. Crossing the concrete bridge on Red might be tricky...

But... it's sunny and windy right now - good for drying things out - so who knows...

Rode by on the road bike about an hour ago. Even with a huge puddle on canal road right by the lot, there were three cars in the lot with bike racks

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Rode by on the road bike about an hour ago. Even with a huge puddle on canal road right by the lot, there were three cars in the lot with bike racks

Playing devils advocate.... I almost always park there when I road ride alone..... I hate crossing Rt 130 and Rt 1 to get to my normal road loop, too much broken glass. But sadly, your suspicion is probably correct. :(

Piston Honda

Damn, I was hoping today's sun/wind would dry out the trails by tomorrow. Sounds like it's still wet.

UPDATE: Blue is rideable at 10am Tuesday, but still a lot of wet spots. Probably best to wait till tomorrow or be prepared to hike-a-bike a lot.

Last edited:

pygmypony

rode from rte 27 this morning...a few slick spots still on the orange twisties and elsewhere but generally very good conditions...we took the red trail back to the rte 27 lot due to time constraints and it's a mess...lots of hike a bike over the typical 4 or 5 trouble spots...so if you go, have at it, just avoid red from / to rte 27...

also huge thanks to @jdog for the new bridge on white...it's sweet!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Until the NICA race on June 11th I'll be working Mostly near Jacques lane. After that I'll fix all the stuff on the 27 side.
rode from rte 27 this morning...a few slick spots still on the orange twisties and elsewhere but generally very good conditions...we took the red trail back to the rte 27 lot due to time constraints and it's a mess...lots of hike a bike over the typical 4 or 5 trouble spots...so if you go, have at it, just avoid red from / to rte 27...

also huge thanks to @jdog for the new bridge on white...it's sweet!
ace

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions