6 Mile Run Conditions

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There's like 2 went spots, both on Red. Otherwise park is dry and fast. I didn't notice the ruts either but I'm on a Plus bike so...

zmodica

I'm no tree hugger and am new to the glory that is six Mile and was told to walk the wet spots, so I abide..Whomever cut those trails into those woods is a God

06PWRWAGON

So does anyone know the story behind the tent pitched in the cedars near the red trail? It's a green tent with cans and trash strewn all around it.

Jrzjoe

There are trees down in several places, except the one removed Friday. Honestly? I didn't think it was any more rutted up than previous years. Maybe I missed something. What you can count on is that any ruts exsisting now will pretty much be there till fall. That soil turns to concreate.

ekuhn

I'm about 3 weeks from being off crutches entirely. I just had my first outside ride yesterday and it was amazing.

I'll be back out soon doing dirt therapy.

This is what the park looks like when I've been off my feet for three months.

j

Yea I know. I'd like to go clear those trees but the liability is always the issue.

Grampaaah

Usually by now Ive done 50-100 hrs of trail work.

I broke my leg in late jan and I just had my first two days riding the canal path.

So yeah it's worse since I haven't been after it. Additionally we saw so few days of hard freeze that it just got rutted to shit.

I'll be back. I'll maybe even do a few group TMs this year.

Can't wait to get back out

A group TM would be great, would love to help out and get 6 mile going

Ian F

So does anyone know the story behind the tent pitched in the cedars near the red trail? It's a green tent with cans and trash strewn all around it.

Can you be more specific? I remember someone had a tent set up on one of the sand bars in the creek a couple of years ago - along Red after the Jacques Lane spur towards Canal Rd. There were a number of youngish hippy-types milling around it. When I rode up behind them, they seemed a bit shocked their "hiding spot" wasn't very well hidden.

ekuhn

Thanks to who cut some of the trees out of the way

Concrete bridge is crazy dry compared to last week. Looks like someone(s) moo Ed that monster root stump out of the way which may have increased flow.

Also looked like a bunch of glass on red just before canal rd.

Grampaaah

Thanks to who cut some of the trees out of the way

Concrete bridge is crazy dry compared to last week. Looks like someone(s) moo Ed that monster root stump out of the way which may have increased flow.

Also looked like a bunch of glass on red just before canal rd.

My friend and I cleared away a bunch of the debris from the up stream side of the bridge on friday. I am looking to help out with more of the TM if there is any coming up please let me know. I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping 6 mile great and want to help add to it.

BTW It would be great if there was list of what people should or shouldn't do on there own. ie

Pruning back shrubs? ok
removing trash? ok
Cutting new trail? not ok
...​
I don't know the rules but it would be great to know how to help without hurting the cause

ktmrider

My friend and I cleared away a bunch of the debris from the up stream side of the bridge on friday. I am looking to help out with more of the TM if there is any coming up please let me know. I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into keeping 6 mile great and want to help add to it.

BTW It would be great if there was list of what people should or shouldn't do on there own. ie

Pruning back shrubs? ok
removing trash? ok
...​
I don't know the rules but it would be great to know how to help without hurting the cause
To bad everyone isn't like this !

GHM73

Word. Place is dusty already, which is great. Glad it dried out while I was away last week and it's definitely not as badly rutted as last year, but partly due to WAY more erosion last year. Especially on Blue. Mother nature must be on JDog's side, knowing he was out of commission for a while.

Tonggi

Rode Wednesday afternoon before the rain. saw only 2 soft spots. The place was dry and fast. Only a handful of places with ruts which was avoidable otherwise it was perfect.

Ian F

The glass on Red trail near Canal Rd has been there for years. At least since I started riding these trails in 2009.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Pruning back shrubs? ok
removing trash? ok
...​

Trash is always good to pick up.

Closing down shortcuts is always a good idea.

Cutting back any face slappers is always good.

New trail.. Don't even think about it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions