6 Mile Run Conditions

Any update on rain today and trail conditions for tomorrow? Could 6MR really be a go for tomorrow morning? I am 50 miles away so not sure how 6MR is doing.

Forecast looks good, minimal rain around noon today then clearing. I'm hitting 6mr tomorrow as well

Cool. I should be at the Canal Rd lot between 4 and 4:30 this afternoon. Hopefully it'll be sunnier than as I type this at 10:24 AM... o_O

Any update on rain today and trail conditions for tomorrow? Could 6MR really be a go for tomorrow morning? I am 50 miles away so not sure how 6MR is doing.
I just got back from riding a full loop with @pygmypony. A couple of minor updates from my last trail report. The water level near the concrete bridge has dropped since I was there Tuesday so it was easily passable. Most of the muddy areas are also starting to firm up. All of the trails are in excellent shape with the exception of the Red Trail that runs parallel to the Orange twisties on the Rt 27 side. Although most of the Red Trail in this section of the park is in good shape, there are 3 HUGE mud pits that had us off the bikes and trying to figure a way around the mess. One of the mud pits still had water actively flowing into it. My recommendation would be to avoid this section of the Red Trail altogether for at least a few more days.

Yep surprisingly good. Like Rdoonz said the concrete bridge is coming down, you can easy ride thru now but still lots of mud on the other side and I didn't have time so turned around. Big tree down on red between s. middlebush and the raised boardwalk before the bridge:

17932004_209424986212873_4687960926752604160_n.jpg

As an aside I was surprised to see so much garbage in the woods and around the trails. Really a mess - especially on blue past the new reroute before the fields. Must be a kid hangout as there must be over a 100 beer cans in there. Also the shortcuts are opening up again

Red on 27 side has some massive wet areas, concrete bridge is wet and needs some love. Bunch of trees down all over.

Rest of the park was in pretty good shape

"Big tree down on red between s. middlebush and the raised boardwalk before the bridge"

Yeah that's been there for months. I'm sure it'll get taken care of before long. Wish I was there to ride but I'm away all weekend. Having withdrawals.

Red on 27 side has some massive wet areas, concrete bridge is wet and needs some love. Bunch of trees down all over.

Rest of the park was in pretty good shape

I'm about 3 weeks from being off crutches entirely. I just had my first outside ride yesterday and it was amazing.

I'll be back out soon doing dirt therapy.

This is what the park looks like when I've been off my feet for three months.

j

So many ruts though. I don't remember it being this bad last year around the same time.
I rolled it in fine style and didn't notice anything too offensive. A few trees down but jay is infirmed right now so, ya know. It'll get done when the time is right.

Is it normal to have that much trail damage at the start of the season and @jdog has gotten around to it yet? Or was there just more traffic this year during the winter? Just curious.

Is it normal to have that much trail damage at the start of the season and @jdog has gotten around to it yet? Or was there just more traffic this year during the winter? Just curious.
Usually by now Ive done 50-100 hrs of trail work.

I broke my leg in late jan and I just had my first two days riding the canal path.

So yeah it's worse since I haven't been after it. Additionally we saw so few days of hard freeze that it just got rutted to shit.

I'll be back. I'll maybe even do a few group TMs this year.

Can't wait to get back out

gave the park a good ride today..there are still a lot of wet spots where you'd expect and there is a multitude of tracks through them...i'd say its 95% dry

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions