6 Mile Run Conditions

Rdoonz

Hey Randy, we got rain here in town but I think the trails should soak it all up by morning, but for a few puddles. I was planning on going out early as well.
Thanks for the report Glenn, maybe I'll see you out there.

jtrain

Had a great ride tonight, thanks to the weed trimming dudes. Chatted with some tow path riders at the post 6mr watering hole (RH inn) who claimed to have rescued a young racoon with its head stuck in a plastic mayonise jar. Heroic.

AndyJ

The blackberries are starting to ripen :)

The trails were fantastic on Sunday (well, except by the concrete bridge, but that's usually wet)... looks like the recent rain has helped hold down the dustiness.

Saw quite a few helmetless riders. :mad:

qclabrat

how has the park been handling the brief downpours as of late, forecast is showers for Friday night and want to ride Sat morning

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dusty dry out there yesterday. Much kudos to the trail trimming crew. 1000 times better than a few weeks ago.

Chris Nordt

I was there Wednesday afternoon and it was pretty solid, even a little dusty in some parts. I don't think tonight's rain will affect the riding for tomorrow for who ever is planning on going.. I know a few people were meeting up in the AM around 8-8:30

rocbike

Had a great ride tonight, thanks to the weed trimming dudes. Chatted with some tow path riders at the post 6mr watering hole (RH inn) who claimed to have rescued a young racoon with its head stuck in a plastic mayonise jar. Heroic.

Where is the RH Inn? We always go to Harvest Moon in New Brunswick after 6MR. Is it closer and do they have a good beer selection and food?

rick81721

Lothar
Rocky Hill Inn about 7 miles south of 6mr on RT518 (following the towpath towards Princeton). Great beer selection and decent food. Also nearby is Tigers Tale on 206.

If you're heading west, Petrocks in Hillsborough is closer.

And if anyone is thinking about riding @ 6mr, we got hammered yesterday. I'd wait until tomorrow

RobW

If you're heading west, Petrocks in Hillsborough is closer.

And if anyone is thinking about riding @ 6mr, we got hammered yesterday. I'd wait until tomorrow
surprising enough, the only standing water I saw on Wednesday was next to the concrete bridge, everything else was in great shape... hard pack and grippy!... I am wondering how today will be, was there a lot of rain last night @rick81721

jnos

Lots of rain last night and this morning. Definitely wait a day. Rocky Hill Inn and Harvest Moon. RH Inn has the better beer list, but Harvest Moon brews their own stuff.

rick81721

Lothar
Yes lots of rain. And if anyone was at the Rocky Hill Inn this week, Guy Fieri was there to film an episode of Diners, Drive ins and Dives.

PS I guess RHI is catergorized as a "Dive"

Last edited:

Dingo

Yes lots of rain. And if anyone was at the Rocky Hill Inn this week, Guy Fieri was there to film an episode of Diners, Drive ins and Dives.

I love his show! Wonder what they prepared for him? Do they have a specialty?

jtrain

A dive with valet parking. Disco Pork Belly fries sound good. Does that include a mirrored ball?

Looks like rain forecast the next three days. Might not be good to ride til next week.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions