6 Mile Run Conditions

I did a quick ride after work today. I wanted to do a full loop but I had to skip the White Trail due to a time constraint. The trails were in great shape today, only a handful of puddles and the usual wet spot near the concrete bridge on the Red Trail (and it's actually in much better shape than it was just a month ago). I would rate it a 3.5 out of 4.

I saw Wild Bill out there wacking back the overgrowth on the Blue Trail....Thank You!! I also saw a couple of trouble spots that I marked on the attached image as a heads up. There were some low hanging branches on the Blue Trail on the run opposite the half-pipe and a fallen cedar blocking the trail at the top of the uphill sprint segment if you use strava.

6Mile.jpg

I did a quick ride after work today. I wanted to do a full loop but I had to skip the White Trail due to a time constraint. The trails were in great shape today, only a handful of puddles and the usual wet spot near the concrete bridge on the Red Trail (and it's actually in much better shape than it was just a month ago). I would rate it a 3.5 out of 4.

I saw Wild Bill out there wacking back the overgrowth on the Blue Trail....Thank You!! I also saw a couple of trouble spots that I marked on the attached image as a heads up. There were some low hanging branches on the Blue Trail on the run opposite the half-pipe and a fallen cedar blocking the trail at the top of the uphill sprint segment if you use strava.

View attachment 35280

Wow surprised it dried out so quickly. Out of curiosity is the short-cut next to the deer pen on blue still closed?

image.jpeg
Wow surprised it dried out so quickly. Out of curiosity is the short-cut next to the deer pen on blue still closed?

Still closed off, that is some pile of wood closing off that short-cut

Started trimming the Blue from the Canal side, slow progress fighting back the pricker patches. Poision ivy is also now in season, their leaves are now ready to spread the itch.
image.jpeg

Primo conditions this am.

I can't imagine it any better.

Lots of the stuff built over the winter is wearing in well. A few low branches to keep An eye out for.

Cement bridge repairs look great (a little standing water in front of it.

It is amazing how little damage was caused during the last two weeks of rain .. (Thanks for staying away when wet!)

Thanks to wild bill who has been killing it with the new brush-cutter.
(And to JORBA) for paying for this awesome tool!

hit it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 198
Rode out and back on blue/orange this morning. Conditions were very good. Some puddles by the concrete bridge, otherwise primo.

Seems the morons are getting up earlier now - seemed every 4th person had no helmet. As I passed each one I said "The jerk store called. They're running out of you."

Rode out and back on blue/orange this morning. Conditions were very good. Some puddles by the concrete bridge, otherwise primo.

Seems the morons are getting up earlier now - seemed every 4th person had no helmet. As I passed each one I said "The jerk store called. They're running out of you."

What? If they heard you, they probably had no idea what you were talking about or why you said it. How about telling them they should be wearing helmets without getting snarky?

What? If they heard you, they probably had no idea what you were talking about or why you said it. How about telling them they should be wearing helmets without getting snarky?

That's actually what I did. As I passed each one I said "Helmet so we don't lose trail access." In my post above I took poetic license in recounting the event.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions