6 Mile Run Conditions

I know this is going to be some real "Captain Obvious" shit, but why is there no signage asking people to please remain on the paths and not "trail blaze"? You know, something that points out the damage "extra" trails do to the park. Yes, we do have a few "rouge builders" but mostly, it's hikers just taking a walk in the woods and bikers following what they think "IS" the trail. Periodic trail side signage might go farther "long term" than just closing short cuts.

While I think about it, most parks have more "paint on tree" trail markers than 6mile. I realize that it's not exactly a labyrinth out there....but if given the choice of a marked or unmarked trail, most recreational park users will choose the marked trail. That should help the "cheater" trails recover faster.

Great point. Some signage would help those that simply don't know about riding safely (helmets), trail etiquette/damage (wet trails, keeping on the official trail, etc). 6 mile is definitely one of the easier to navigate trails out there given how linear and well trafficked it is. It's these attributes that make signage even more effective in a place like 6 mile.

A few puddles, but otherwise perfect.

As for the location of the downed tree, heading on blue towards Canal lot it's past the bridge that was put back recently and past the smaller bridge following it. Eventually you'll hit the first set of logs (see pic) and from there I'd guestimate it's another 500 feet down the trail before you hit the downed tree.

Attachments

• 7A7B86F5972D52E41F35AA8C521CD6BA.jpg
    7A7B86F5972D52E41F35AA8C521CD6BA.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Was gonna head out there tomorrow morning...? Not sure if it got more rain since the last post above.

there is some more rain coming through. might be enough to make 6MR a mess.
Might not be enough to wreck CR - pop in, ride, do some TM, profit.

I rode the whole park this morning and it was PERFECT! Actually the best conditions I've seen in a couple of weeks. The little bit of rain that hit yesterday was just what 6MR needed.

I went with the intention of hitting the tow path if it was too wet. I hit the Blue Trail out of the Canal Lot and BAM..........Hero dirt. Even the usually messy spots near the concrete bridge and lot on Jacques Lane weren't bad. Tomorrow will probably be a different story so GO....GET....SOME!

I rode the whole park this morning and it was PERFECT! Actually the best conditions I've seen in a couple of weeks. The little bit of rain that hit yesterday was just what 6MR needed.

I went with the intention of hitting the tow path if it was too wet. I hit the Blue Trail out of the Canal Lot and BAM..........Hero dirt. Even the usually messy spots near the concrete bridge and lot on Jacques Lane weren't bad. Tomorrow will probably be a different story so GO....GET....SOME!

Damn...oh well. Ended up getting my ass kicked on the yellow trail at CR.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions