6 Mile Run Conditions

ADoug

Ill take it though, we'll all be crying when it starts raining. enjoy it now

It's getting to a point where it's almost as bad as riding in the wet. In some parts of the trail, it is getting so dry, so loose, and so well traveled, features that have been present for years are quickly eroding away or moving around. This morning I noticed many 10-12" diameter rocks and a few tree limbs and branches that have been moving around - some into the middle of the trail. Some of the steeper hills are showing serious signs of erosion due to bikes.

The damage is more subtle than in the wet, but it's definitely still there.

rick81721

Lothar
It's getting to a point where it's almost as bad as riding in the wet. In some parts of the trail, it is getting so dry, so loose, and so well traveled, features that have been present for years are quickly eroding away or moving around. This morning I noticed many 10-12" diameter rocks and a few tree limbs and branches that have been moving around - some into the middle of the trail. Some of the steeper hills are showing serious signs of erosion due to bikes.

The damage is more subtle than in the wet, but it's definitely still there.

Yeah I agree. I'm not going back until we get some rain. Plus inhaling all that dust can't be good either.

jesstercpa

I really enjoyed it in the dry...other than we were covered in red dust.

Someone should just make a gallon or two of the red clay color matte paint, so we can all paint our bikes that color, and it won't show.

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Riding was great tonight, not very crowded around 5 which was nice. Hoping to get out there tomorrow night again since the rain/freeze/thaw season isn't too far off
tmp_22988-IMG_20150907_180049360055806.jpg

njmark

Professional Cyclist
I saw it and it just seemed worth taking a picture of it, 6 has a bunch of picture worthy parts to it I think.

Kangdoy

I rode the twisties from 27, conditions were good. A few puddles in the usual places but overall not too wet to ride. I don't know if that will change if it rains tomorrow.
Good enough for a morning ride. Supposedly it won't rain until later tomorrow afternoon.

Jonnyrl1

Parked in blue lot today to take road rip with a group. Expected lot to be dead, not the case...a lot of people riding. Hope conditions were great, the few people I saw coming out were quite muddy.

Asked a guy how conditions were, who was covered in mud, he said great! Suggested I should get into mountain biking:confused:

Last edited:

ADoug

Conditions were great this morning on the Canal Side. Tacky, firm, no dust, but a few puddles in the usual spots.

GHM73

Gonna be a dry week with cool evenings. Pretty much perfect riding weather! Trails are starting to collect autumn leaves early because the summer was so dry, other than that, perfect conditions.

Dingo

Awesome today.

They posted notices for Sunday the 27th, some sort of horse event going on.

That would be a good day to not ride there. Sure hope they clean up all the poo afterwards, there was a chit load on blue today.

AndyJ

Awesome today.

They posted notices for Sunday the 27th, some sort of horse event going on.

That would be a good day to not ride there. Sure hope they clean up all the poo afterwards, there was a chit load on blue today.
Ride for the Ribbons is an annual event that passes through Six Mile Run. Yeah, there were already a few droppings on blue when I was there on Sunday. Heh heh... sure is dry there. Had to ride though other's dust clouds a few times (and kicked up a few of my own).

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
got to chat up some of the equestrians yesterday. they were first timers at 6MR (scouting, not on said horse) -
seems it is a combo bridal path and a bit of single track. there are a few trees down on blue, can't remember where,
but they are there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions