6 Mile Run Conditions

Conditions are beautiful today. Went out around 8am this morning. Tried to get rid of some of the more annoying "whack you in the face" weeds/branches, etc. on the Red (heading from Jacques) and Blue trail (from the Red/Blue split to the fields), which I did a bit. I apparently over-estimated what I could do with a machete. Power tools will be needed next time to clear out the boardwalk and the overgrowth by the fields on Blue. Let me know if anyone else is going out to clean up these spots and I'll try to come help.

Other than that, beautiful day to ride and obviously empty since it's Monday.

I apparently over-estimated what I could do with a machete. Power tools will be needed next time to clear out the boardwalk and the overgrowth by the fields on Blue..

That tall grass is tougher than it looks. Hedge trimmers (the long scissor type) work great for that stuff. I'll get to it after the rains.

The blue trail is overgrown at the last field near Blackwells Mill rd. The bridge is barely visible and you feel almost like you are bushwhacking through that area. Otherwise, I had a blast!

The blue trail is overgrown at the last field near Blackwells Mill rd. The bridge is barely visible and you feel almost like you are bushwhacking through that area. Otherwise, I had a blast!
Yep. Might get to it this week.. or next.

Do you guys think 6 mile will be dry tomorrow (assuming it doesn't rain overnight)? I have the day off from work and am hoping it will be okay to ride as the rain was intermittent today and it has been very dry as of late. Any expert 6 mile insight on this?

Thanks, appreciate it

Do you guys think 6 mile will be dry tomorrow (assuming it doesn't rain overnight)? I have the day off from work and am hoping it will be okay to ride as the rain was intermittent today and it has been very dry as of late. Any expert 6 mile insight on this?

Thanks, appreciate it

You should be ok. Probably a few more puddles than normal but nothing crazy. It needed some rain.

the grass at the looooong bridge is in much better shape than before. if someone can get at the fields with clippers it will be a good riding weekend free of knee/face/arm slappers.

I'm planning to ride eeeeeeaaarly Saturday. Gonna try to hit the lot at sunrise. I'll bring my clippers. If anyone wants to meet at Jacques lot, lmk.

@jdog and @clarkenstein did an excellent job trimming - excellent shape. Met @Ian F on red near the 27 lot going in opposite directions - he noticed my awesome strava tech t-shirt! Then he caught me at s. middlebush crossing - I tried to hang on white trail but he left me in the dust - he's fast! Talked more in the lot afterwards tho - great meeting you Ian.

Yep. Great seeing you on the trails Rick. Conditions were great and my legs were feeling good for a change, so I felt like pushing it when I could. Plus, I was really concentrating on cornering better, which also kept my speed up. Oddly enough, while I achieved a number of segment PR's on Strava, my overall time for the complete loop was 2 min under my best. Whatever. Was still a great day.

Missing possible injured rider (crashed into another rider, and he had no helmet), that called 911 asking for help. Male with orange shirt. If u have any info let them know. They have been looking for him for the past 2 hours. Theres still at least 10 fire/police trucks at the 27 parking lot.

PS: don't ride without a helmet!!

Missing possible injured rider (crashed into another rider, and he had no helmet), that called 911 asking for help. Male with orange shirt. If u have any info let them know. They have been looking for him for the past 2 hours. Theres still at least 10 fire/police trucks at the 27 parking lot.

PS: don't ride without a helmet!!

This is infuriating.

image.jpg
Very!

Almost as infuriating is why the other rider left him on his own. I finished riding around 7:45pm from Jacques Ln where I was question by the police.

This is exactly what I have always feared. This will certainly put this place under the microscope. Joy.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions