5/2-3 Weekend in Pics

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lots of good team stuff out there but I'll let others do that. For now my weekend was food and bikes.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Friday squats for intensity
Friday night I did one last skim coat of spackle on the 2 rooms I'm working on in my house. Then did a follow up with primer on those spots I touched. Fixed the brakes on my car. Then went out to dinner errrbody. I only had 7 tacos so I went to get ice cream with the courains. @axcxnj got a small cup. Aly did what makes her my favorite. hahahaa
i-jZcvhJL-XL.jpg

Saturday met my friend Byron at my house and got texts from @soundz and @woody that they were both vaginas and couldn't come climbing.
Had a great time with @seanrunnette and his buddy, and Aly and Aaron. We happened to SERENDIPITOUSLY bump into my friends Rob and Mila on the highway up to the climbs. They drive a Westvalia so they are easy to spot. They are the ones that live inside Ramapo reservation in like this old castle house. Pretty sweet setup they have.
I didn't take any pictures, but Sean took some of me.
This climb is a ROUGH start for anyone not over 6' like pretty much everyone I was climbing with. Aaron might be the shortest at 6'2
Flying leap with not so great feet so if I missed I probably would have busted my ass coming back down. Basically had to palm a basketball to hold on. And then move on to some good holds but they were too sharp for me to leap straight to. Still my hands were RAW from doing that. I feel my climbing skills coming back slowly.
img_2570-jpg.21857

img_2571-jpg.21858

Byron helping Aly get a start on this climb. lol
i-HQ2fkHs-X3.jpg

Then we went to dinner and ate a $16 burrito. It was good, not double the price good but it definitely was good. Bacchus in New Paltz. Kinda wish I got the Mahi Tacos after seeing those come out, with sweet potato fries.
i-bMqMdJj-X2.jpg

Left there and went straight to my friend Rich's house to watch the fight. He catered it with mcdonalds cheeseburgers. lmao
But he had tons of other equally unhealthy food so I proceeded to be a fat fuck and eat a 2nd dinner of junk food and cookies.
I made it to the 5th round and pulled a @Robin and fell asleep in a folding chair in front of everyone watching the fight. Woke back up to see rounds 9-12
It was a great fight, I'm really not into boxing at all but it was really cool to see the 2 different styles of fighting and how much heart that Pacquiao has and how hard he tried to take Mayweather down. I went to the party for the friends and fat food.

i-qPWXQmV-XL.jpg

Sunday I put a coat of paint on those 2 rooms I'm working on, just the ceiling so far. I can't wait to finish.
Then we went over to Rails for a surprise 80th birthday party for my neighbor. He was sooooo happy. His daughter got a bunch of the contractors he used to work with/ friends with throughout the years. He built houses in this area for well over 50 years. All his stuff is soooo nice.
I got to meet his sister Zena and she told me some stories of their trip from Belarus to Berlin with the Nazis. They got into Berlin when they weren't supposed to because their wagon had 2 injured Nazis on board, and when they got to the check point their soldiers pulled guns on the guards and told them that this wagon was going to pull them into the hospital. So because they got into Berlin, they wound up being saved by the Brits because the Brits didn't give back all the people to Stalin, the Brits gave the people the choice. So of course they chose not to go back and they spent a few years in the Baltics trying to get money and a way to America.
His sister told me a more complete story about when they were being bombed on a frozen lake. Since all the bridges were out they were forced to cross a lake to get across the water. When they started getting bombed the ice started fracturing and the tanks and trucks starting flipping into the water. All the carriages were getting pulled under and the horses were screaming. Their carriage started falling in the water too, so their father jumped in the carriage and hugged his family and said goodbye, was sure they were going to drown in sub zero temps falling in the water, the carriage started filling up with water but somehow the horse caught some traction and pulled the carriage out of the water and back onto solid ice. And they survived. Later the Nazi's took their older brother and started using him for labor so they got separated from him. After the war he was sent back to Russia where Stalin gave him 10 years in Siberia for aiding the enemy because he was forced to build their roads. He did survive Siberia though.
What blew my mind was that she had a picture of the god damn horse and carriage and their father.
i-kbLXQpn-X2.jpg

5 of them in there, plus the wounded Nazi's at some point.

After the party we went back to the neighbor's house and spent time with him and his daughter who threw the party and her 2 kids. Really nice day, really really nice people.
Then like a zombie at like 9:30 I did a second coat of paint on the ceiling. Went to bed, then squats for volume this morning.
I'm pooped.

3CA9F5E2-98F8-4571-8150-81A5AEBACD04_zpsq9cffy5d.jpg

Near dawn top of Baldpate. This would be the best climb in Mercer County if the would pave ot.

I had an amazing weekend. Me and 3 Buddies canoed the Delaware Rive from Milford, PA to the Water Gap in 3 days. We had PERFECT weather, and with plenty of good food and beers the cold nights weren't so bad!

Attachments

• 20150502_071004.jpg
    20150502_071004.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 94
  • ATT_1430746006748_20150501_173919.jpg
    ATT_1430746006748_20150501_173919.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 98
  • 20150501_131039.jpg
    20150501_131039.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 113
Road trip to Rhode Island this weekend for my mini me's final cheer comp of the year. Wish I could say we ended on a high note on a national stage but I think the girls went into this with maybe too much confidence as they already beat the teams they were competing against. Anywho, they took the mat, and that's pretty much where the good times ended. One girl forked her landing and two others collided while tumbling.
I can't get action shots because I'm holding cheer sister so she can see.
IMG_20150502_200013.jpg

Speaking of cheer sister, she handled the day like a champ once again
IMG_20150502_200234.jpg

Afterwards the coaches threw a party for the team at the hotel, so me, Mrs. Walter and a few of the other parents cut out for a quick bite
IMG_20150502_200320.jpg

That poor burger didn't stand a chance. Sunday we spent the day in Newport, and I housed this
IMG_20150503_160348.jpg

Then after some shopping and ice cream, I spotted this
IMG_20150504_100410.jpg

Good stuff. Now, we get a 7 week reprieve from cheer, then training starts all over again.

Took off from work about noon, got home to my #freshgoods friday delivery- 1upusa rack and garmin 510!
image.jpg

Installed on truck! Flawless and simple!
image.jpg

Attended a wedding that night- open bar was eh, but food was on point!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Stayed at the hotel, woke up... Neglected the free breakfast, went home got ready, high tailed it to Seacaucus Junction to catch a train. Watched a cousin perform his senior concert from the new school(music)! No pics of performance- jazz and bluegrass! Then hit up cocktail hour at The Jade Hotel. In the bathroom I found this wallpaper- mind you we were in the village so it was appropriate!
image.jpg

Got home about 2AM. No race for me so I decided to hang out with my neices and nephew while sipping on some

image.jpg

@jmanic made me look good, form and errything. ;)
That rock was funny as heck, I turned right to set up the next move and suddenly dropped a foot into the earth. Glad I didn't shear off the RD!

image.jpg

Cary-Warren Road became a Scary Warren road on the 23c road tire first descent.

Back
Top Bottom