44 offset fork on 51 geo frame?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Did anyone ever try this? I’m just curious. Thinking it may make a fun bike for these longer 100 mile races. I have an sc32 I was thinking of trying in my superfly ss. Perhaps it just slows the bikes raction tine down a but?

RSAmerica

I think it will quicken the steering by reducing the trail and shorting the wheelbase. I demoed the new Ibis Ripmo long travel 29er (160mm/145mm) with a 44 mm offset fork. The bike has a very slack head angle but the front end did on feel slack at all, it steered amazing.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I think it will quicken the steering by reducing the trail and shorting the wheelbase. I demoed the new Ibis Ripmo long travel 29er (160mm/145mm) with a 44 mm offset fork. The bike has a very slack head angle but the front end did on feel slack at all, it steered amazing.
A shorter offset increases trail.

RSAmerica

642A56E3-6772-4A3E-8F75-17C3ABEDA65E.jpeg

Dave you are correct.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
But that bike was designed for it....

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shorter offset forks only work on bikes with long ass reach numbers slack head angles and stems in the 30 to 45 mm range

BPaze

I think the 44mm offset was a push by Transition as part of their SBG geometry. by reducing the offset it should make the front end more responsive in long and slack bikes. I guess it would help any bike but it also could compromise a bike that is XC oriented.

Top Bottom