44 offset fork on 51 geo frame?

Did anyone ever try this? I’m just curious. Thinking it may make a fun bike for these longer 100 mile races. I have an sc32 I was thinking of trying in my superfly ss. Perhaps it just slows the bikes raction tine down a but?

RSAmerica

I think it will quicken the steering by reducing the trail and shorting the wheelbase. I demoed the new Ibis Ripmo long travel 29er (160mm/145mm) with a 44 mm offset fork. The bike has a very slack head angle but the front end did on feel slack at all, it steered amazing.

I think it will quicken the steering by reducing the trail and shorting the wheelbase. I demoed the new Ibis Ripmo long travel 29er (160mm/145mm) with a 44 mm offset fork. The bike has a very slack head angle but the front end did on feel slack at all, it steered amazing.
A shorter offset increases trail.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
But that bike was designed for it....

BPaze

I think the 44mm offset was a push by Transition as part of their SBG geometry. by reducing the offset it should make the front end more responsive in long and slack bikes. I guess it would help any bike but it also could compromise a bike that is XC oriented.