4 TRACK Bike - Hike - Hobby, Blairstown, NJ

Fatduke

I was lucky enough to stop by 4 Track on a whim this morning after it came up on a Google search saying they were open Sundays. I thought I'd been to all the northern/northwestern NJ shops, but I'd never heard of this place. They've apparently only been open for about two weeks, and their Grand Opening Celebration isn't even until April 14. We were greeted at the door by a shop dog named Ollie, that gave the place a relaxed feel from the first steps in. Nico, the owner/mechanic, was friendly and knowledgeable. He took the time to speak with the customers and told my wife and me about the store, some local trails, and the town - Friday the 13th was apparently filmed there, so there's a lot of horror themed stuff going on, including in the local museum and bar, each a few doors down the road. It's not a big place, but the selection is well-curated, with a few options for all the essentials. We picked up a bottle cage and a Nalgene water bottle. Both were reasonably priced, and Nico was happy to answer a question I had about the differences between the various bottle cages on offer. They have tons of Giant gear and it looks like Giant is the predominant brand of bike the shop carries as well. I saw mostly mountain bikes, with a few road/gravel and kids/balance bikes on display. Rentals are apparently available.

As the name indicates, this shop is bikes-plus. About 1/4 of the space is dedicated to model trains. Then there were several shelves of hiking/camping gear, and a few racks of trekking poles - again, good products, reasonably priced. We left happy and stuck around the neighborhood for a unique cup of coffee at a cafe on the same block. I will certainly be heading back soon. Best of luck to 4 Track at the Grand Opening next month and in the years ahead.

Top Bottom