4/7/2013 NJ Trail Series

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
did the 10k at lewis morris park a few weeks back. they got a good turnout. and it was a fun event (they even had beer in the tent at the end) - some friends did watchung (10 mile loops) - they liked it.

My personal need is to have an event on the calendar to work towards - something within a month. right now i don't since my ankle if F'd, otherwise there are a couple other trail runs, and the super 4 miler...dang...

one thing about running in an organized event, once pace is established, you'll work harder to either catch the person in front of you, or hold off the person behind...

not sure if wildcat is tougher - i fished up there 100 years ago, but haven't ridden it (yet....)

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tough place to run.

Based upon the starting area, there will likely be some fire road involved with some single track. I hope they don't use that spray paint shit I have seen in the Tourne and some other parks. I'll make it a point to wander up there and check it out.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you're in the area, I highly recommend the NJ Trail Series summer 5k.

Every Wednesday night, same time, same place (Greystone Park). Very casual, all sort of paces show up. No prizes, no t-shirts.

It's a great way to get motivated, get a race-pace run in once a week for cheap and have a race that you can look at week to week for comparison.

And yes, they always have beer/snacks after.

-Steve

Crummer13

Tough place to run.

Based upon the starting area, there will likely be some fire road involved with some single track. I hope they don't use that spray paint shit I have seen in the Tourne and some other parks. I'll make it a point to wander up there and check it out.

Did you ever go check it out? The trail was marked in flour not spray paint. I am sure it was off the trails in a few days or sooner based on rain.

I agree with Steve to check out their Summer XC Series. Great time to get in a few miles, plus the beer at the end is a nice way to end the evening.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did you ever go check it out? The trail was marked in flour not spray paint. I am sure it was off the trails in a few days or sooner based on rain.

I agree with Steve to check out their Summer XC Series. Great time to get in a few miles, plus the beer at the end is a nice way to end the evening.

I did check it out. I ran (no pun) into the last few stragglers and encouraged them. Interesting course, definitely challenging. Markers were low impact. Great to see some alternative use of the terrain.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions