31.6 Seat Post cheap, and it Ain't to be pretty!

serviceguy

Just looking for a temporary post so I can put the new frame on the stand while I am scouting for a dropper post. It can be ugly as long as it is dirt cheap, cheaper than a 1 1/4 pipe...

Thank you.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I might have something if its just for holding it on the stand... lemme check when I get home tonite.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Just looking for a temporary post so I can put the new frame on the stand while I am scouting for a dropper post. It can be ugly as long as it is dirt cheap, cheaper than a 1 1/4 pipe...

Thank you.

i'll make you a deal on a dropper - my old rockshock recon post off my tallboy - and i'm picking up a bleed kit from @terrabike01 on sunday.
you can either leave it hydraulic release or switch it to cable using a wolftooth kit. internal routing.
$75 with bleed kit.

this is the model that has trouble when the temps go low because of the hydro release design, which the wolftooth solves. only problem with the wolftooth
is if there is a tight bend in the cable at the BB, it could bind.

think about it!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
i'll make you a deal on a dropper - my old rockshock recon post off my tallboy - and i'm picking up a bleed kit from @terrabike01 on sunday.
you can either leave it hydraulic release or switch it to cable using a wolftooth kit. internal routing.
$75 with bleed kit.

this is the model that has trouble when the temps go low because of the hydro release design, which the wolftooth solves. only problem with the wolftooth

think about it!
Can you make it 27.2?

serviceguy

$75 with bleed kit.

think about it!

I thought about it, thanks but not thanks. I am already sourcing a Fox transfer 170mm Factory, I really prefer the mechanical ones.

But I do appreciate, I'm sure there's someone else that can take advantage of the offer.

serviceguy

Can you make it 27.2?

Paul, I have done extensive research on 27.2 dropper posts. I believe the only one that fits the bill is the PNW (the one I have on the K2). They're kind of cheap and they're come both as internal and external routed (the external routed connection is at the seat clamp, not at the saddle like most other external ones), mechanical so you don't have to worry about the cold temperature. They're also on sale now.

qclabrat

Have you checked out 9point8 droppers?
Btw, I have what you need if you still need it

I thought about it, thanks but not thanks. I am already sourcing a Fox transfer 170mm Factory, I really prefer the mechanical ones.

But I do appreciate, I'm sure there's someone else that can take advantage of the offer.

Top Bottom