31/31 ---> JULY 2017! CONTEST! WIN $100!

Kaleidopete

I went back out to the bar for food & drinks with my pals in the antique motorcycle club.
A short but eventful 2.7 mile ride. Had a Carlton 077XX 7.8% very nice. Jelly donuts, & Blueberry muffin.
and Eggplant Parm hero. No photos, forgot the camera.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Day 9 - Extremely crowded with hikers all over Wissahickon - seemed like I had to sit up on every corner. Still, very fun day on the bike today - hope everyone on the board gets a chance to get out in this weather: it doesn't get better than today in the east!

34981714544_8a8ef2d96a_b.jpg

Possibly the best weather of the year today ...

Ian F

9/31

1speed - better crowds at French Creek today, although we did see a few hikers.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1075831481

I got separated from my group and accidentally paused the recording while I looked at the map to figure out where I was and how to get back to them, so my actual ride time was about 20 or 30 min longer than recorded, but I still had enough moving time. Great conditions today. Only a few soft spots, but otherwise normal French Creek rocks and hero dirt.

Kaleidopete

I just squeezed in the one hour ride today because of a broken chain, I had to limp back to the car.
It was nice to see @jimf and Mike out there today! I was so surprised to see other riders it didn't
even register who they were! Ah....a senior moment! Their warm up ride is my workout ride.

No tools, no link, I don't even know what size link it is. Gonna figure it out later.
July9_10.jpg

Ian F

Well shit... I might be out. :(

Did a nice, light road ride after work when I got home. Started Strava when I walked out the door. Hit the start button, put the phone in my case... and apparently inadvertently hit the pause button... :mad:

I'm not sure I have another hour of riding in my legs tonight. We'll see.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 10

I woke up in New Jersey, really super early, then drove to Delaware and was there by 7:30, which is kind of preposterous when I sit here and read that. Anyway, after I got to Delaware, and asked myself what I was doing, I then spent the next 8 hours in a requirements workshop at a hospital facility down here. At 4:00 we got out and I flew down the dinosaur's back and b-lined it White Clay which was 4 miles away.

My plan was to just ride and figure it out, based on my general knowledge of the park from the previous 2 rides. Well the advantage here was that I seem to have found a bunch of trails that I had never ridden. These trails turned out to be awesomely awesome, just a great time. Someone I ran into on the trail said that a bunch of work has been done here in the last few months and I would say that showed today. Lots of good stuff. I guess I could say that the disadvantage here was that I wandered aimlessly around and did not put together a cohesive loop. But that was sort of the point.

July Challenge Day 10: Just winging it at White Clay. Man this place is loaded with awesome

2:21:16
19.5 miles

Overall

Days: 10
Rides: 12
Time: 28:07 (8:07 over goal)

Goal is to get 7 hours of riding at White Clay the next 3 days. And to someday grow a mustache like @i ride after 5 (aka Doctor Watson).

I took this picture for Kevin.

19894608_10212906416431154_203171822726732188_n.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Day 10

I woke up in New Jersey, really super early, then drove to Delaware and was there by 7:30, which is kind of preposterous when I sit here and read that. Anyway, after I got to Delaware, and asked myself what I was doing, I then spent the next 8 hours in a requirements workshop at a hospital facility down here. At 4:00 we got out and I flew down the dinosaur's back and b-lined it White Clay which was 4 miles away.

My plan was to just ride and figure it out, based on my general knowledge of the park from the previous 2 rides. Well the advantage here was that I seem to have found a bunch of trails that I had never ridden. These trails turned out to be awesomely awesome, just a great time. Someone I ran into on the trail said that a bunch of work has been done here in the last few months and I would say that showed today. Lots of good stuff. I guess I could say that the disadvantage here was that I wandered aimlessly around and did not put together a cohesive loop. But that was sort of the point.

July Challenge Day 10: Just winging it at White Clay. Man this place is loaded with awesome

2:21:16
19.5 miles

Overall

Days: 10
Rides: 12
Time: 28:07 (8:07 over goal)

Goal is to get 7 hours of riding at White Clay the next 3 days. And to someday grow a mustache like @i ride after 5 (aka Doctor Watson).

I took this picture for Kevin.

19894608_10212906416431154_203171822726732188_n.jpg
I like turtles

And pictures

Top Bottom