2019 Short Track Date Change - One Race to Rule them All on March 31st

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We are going to pull the plug on Short Track #2 and move all registrations to Short Track #3, and move that race to March 31st. To summarize:

1. March 3rd - canceled
2. March 10th - canceled
3. March 17th - moved to March 31st
4. All existing registrations will move to that date (3/31)

We are starting to explore alternative approaches to this race to see how we can better make this happen. We will work internally as a team, with the BSA, and with the insurance company that provides as coverage to see how flexible we can be with races in 2020.

Perhaps the series next year can be called: 2020 HIndsight: We Finally Learned that March Sucks

Thanks for understanding, and apologies for not being born a weather god.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hopefully this lets the race go off as (re)planned, sadly i already have other plans to be away that weekend. Enjoy!

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
To reg, should I register for the 17th on bikereg, or wait until there is an updated page for the 31st?

Esteban_NYC

We are going to pull the plug on Short Track #2 and move all registrations to Short Track #3, and move that race to March 31st. To summarize:

1. March 3rd - canceled
2. March 10th - canceled

We are starting to explore alternative approaches to this race to see how we can better make this happen. We will work internally as a team, with the BSA, and with the insurance company that provides as coverage to see how flexible we can be with races in 2020.

Perhaps the series next year can be called: 2020 HIndsight: We Finally Learned that March Sucks

Appreciate all you have done.
Hope we can get at least one in.
I have to refresh my beer donation as I’ve drank/drunk it for all the cancellations.
See you soon thanks again.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
To reg, should I register for the 17th on bikereg, or wait until there is an updated page for the 31st?

Up to you. I have contacted BikeReg support to do all the needful for me. They do not allow you to change the date yourself like this. They are usually quick but it may be a day or 2.

Thanks guys!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
must be much more complicated behind the scenes than anyone can imagine.

The part I hate the most is that people dedicate their personal time to this. So take Saturday morning, we are in this holding pattern where the volunteers have marked (let's say) 8-12 to help, then the rest of the day to have a life. Well, if we need to wait until 12 to make the call, then I'm asking people to sit around all morning then come out to help. And even then, what quality of product are we going to end up with if it's a crap course?

I really don't like stringing volunteers, racers, and the kid's parents along. So let's reset and try to make it the best we can.

iman29

The part I hate the most is that people dedicate their personal time to this. So take Saturday morning, we are in this holding pattern where the volunteers have marked (let's say) 8-12 to help, then the rest of the day to have a life. Well, if we need to wait until 12 to make the call, then I'm asking people to sit around all morning then come out to help. And even then, what quality of product are we going to end up with if it's a crap course?

I really don't like stringing volunteers, racers, and the kid's parents along. So let's reset and try to make it the best we can.

Amen!

Jeffreywoliver

1. March 3rd - canceled
2. March 10th - canceled

Thanks for everything y’all do to pull this together. Hope to race on 3/31. JO

Top Bottom