2018 NJ CX Schedule!!!!!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I would kill for a 3pm start for Cat 3, Cat 3 starts at 3:55, it's almost dark by then.

I need to get older faster.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'm pretty happy with the 12 noon start for 50+. Selfishly hoping that stays as-is.

Also glad to see 9 events on the calendar. Assuming HPCX fills in its usual weekend, that's a solid foundation for a schedule.

jnos

The old ski resort on Green Pond Rd...

People liked the course (I think) and it has the facilities to create a great festival vibe. I have a bunch of possible course configurations overlayed onto google earth if you’re interested. Also, we’d be happy to share some thoughts on how to make the venue work given that the lot is so far from the fields and covered picnic areas.
Good course, bad memories (Holeshot followed by a double flat in the second lap).

Whoa - lotta activity in here that I missed!

Here is the link to my race spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/kingkog2018cx
Still subject to change as it seems everything is moving around.
The Google Calendar link in there is not up to date currently as the NJ dates shifted since I made it and PACX keeps moving around.

NYC Cross Practice started next Wednesday (EDIT!: JULYYY 25th at 7pm on Randall's Island. More info on the New York City Cyclocross facebook group.
Gotta figure out how to fit in Rainey Park in the big picture schedule since Westwood moved to my date from last year :(
(EDIT: Looks like it's actually 12/2, not 12/9. Crisis averted!)
Might try to get a permit for another NYC area race earlier than December. Toying with the idea of a weeknight race as well - seems to be fairly successful in the New England scene.

Hoping all the stuff the with NJCX women's schedule gets resolved amicably. Was loosely planning on shifting my focus to getting my head kicked in by Roger Aspholm rather than in UCI races most of the year. Very stoked for another race at Craigmeur! Lots of potential at that venue.
The course @Delish and co. put together there a few years ago was awesome. If he's offering up advice on a course design, take it - he's very good at it!

Last edited:

sneekyjesus

The old ski resort on Green Pond Rd...

People liked the course (I think) and it has the facilities to create a great festival vibe. I have a bunch of possible course configurations overlayed onto google earth if you’re interested. Also, we’d be happy to share some thoughts on how to make the venue work given that the lot is so far from the fields and covered picnic areas.

I remember back in 2014 they didn't use any of the actual ski hills. THAT would be brutal!

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Whoa - lotta activity in here that I missed!

Here is the link to my race spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/kingkog2018cx
Still subject to change as it seems everything is moving around.
The Google Calendar link in there is not up to date currently as the NJ dates shifted since I made it and PACX keeps moving around.

NYC Cross Practice started next Wednesday (EDIT!: JULYYY 25th at 7pm on Randall's Island. More info on the New York City Cyclocross facebook group.
Gotta figure out how to fit in Rainey Park in the big picture schedule since Westwood moved to my date from last year :(
(EDIT: Looks like it's actually 12/2, not 12/9. Crisis averted!)
Might try to get a permit for another NYC area race earlier than December. Toying with the idea of a weeknight race as well - seems to be fairly successful in the New England scene.

Hoping all the stuff the with NJCX women's schedule gets resolved amicably. Was loosely planning on shifting my focus to getting my head kicked in by Roger Aspholm rather than in UCI races most of the year. Very stoked for another race at Craigmeur! Lots of potential at that venue.
The course @Delish and co. put together there a few years ago was awesome. If he's offering up advice on a course design, take it - he's very good at it!

Spreadsheet goodness!

We lucked out with some crossy weather for 2014 Craigmeur race. Tons of potential at that venue. I'm sure the HB crew will knock something out of the universe.

Top Bottom