2018 H2H Race Series

moose35

I just wanted to say this guy was awesome.
He got caught up in the pack of kids and instead of pushing himself through them he looked behind him to see if there was someone trying to catch him ,then let the kids race in front of him down to the fire road while he cheered them on
Ringwood Rumble Race 056.jpg

choop

First thing first, great job by TTC! All the volunteers were awesome and the fire in the building was a gift from the heavens. When the wind catches the pond, it has a serious chill. The course was great. Coming from the land of sand, I knew it was going to be a hard day. It was only my second time riding through rocks like this. I left wanting to come back and ride more of Ringwood and clean up some of the parts of the course I want to be better at. I like when courses challenge you and show where your weaknesses are. I think this course was a really good mix of fitness and skill.

After my race, we hung out for the juniors where my boy, Zoe and a few other brave kids tackled the course. They all did awesome as you can see in the pics @moose35 posted. I think I had even more fun cheering for them and watching in amazement in how well they handled the course. Watching Zoe ride with pure enjoyment and smiles on her face is always a huge highlight of the day.

RideBKBenVC

First time posting - Thanks to all of the volunteers and officials for putting on a great race! I pre-rode the course on Saturday, which helped immensely. I tried over and over to clean the worst parts of the Skylands Trail but I couldn't do it, and I couldn't do it on race day either. But I managed to have enough of a gap before that part to not lose any spots, then drilled it to the end for 5th (cat 2 19-39), my best H2H placing ever.

I wish I could pre-ride the allamuchy course but since the race is on Saturday I probably won't have a chance. Is it as sharp and pointy as Ringwood?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wish I could pre-ride the allamuchy course but since the race is on Saturday I probably won't have a chance. Is it as sharp and pointy as Ringwood?

Our race is on Sunday, not Saturday. But it is private property so I don't know if we'll have any open pre-rides for this one.

However, we sand all our rocks so they are nice and smooth. Like a petrified baby's butt.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Not quite as rocky. It's still somewhat technical, but if Ringwood was a 10 for tech, I'd day Mooch is a 6.5 or 7

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glad to see everything went well. I rode the course on Saturday and thought it was one of the better loops at any ringwood race I have done. (hooray for no uphill switchbacks again) Super bummed I couldnt make it, but my wife got called into work around midnight and didnt get home until 7am. So while you guys were racing, i playing candyland and watching PJ masks.

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Given I'm relatively new to the forum and this is my first race report, I'll provide some background info prior to jumping into the details of yesterday's H2H race.

I'm a long time biker and endurance athlete (triathlons, marathons, ultra running) but relatively new to the shorter/faster stuff. Last year was my first foray into sprint/xc/cross distance events, racing 6 cross races in the 4/5 categories. I had some good success thanks to @Delish 's guidance and hand-me-down equipment.

I took two months off the bike around the holidays to quiet a nagging injury but have put in a solid 2.5 months of training since. I plan to race the entire H2H series and put in a full cross season come fall.

I raced XC Cat 1/2 and finished 13/16 (but we won't mentioned the single-speeder I passed or guy with the flat tire).

This was my first H2H race and first time riding in the Ringwood area. I raced the 1/2 category so I could chase the fast guys as well as race the longer distance. It's a big wake-up call to race Cat 1/2 vs "C" cross races. Wow, they're fast!

After the start, I was close to the front on the fire road and double track until we hit a steep climb. I did't have the top end power (or mental fortitude) to stay with the leaders. I drifted back and connected with another group but slowly lost those wheels as well. Not long after, I was passed by the front of the Cat 1/2 45+ group. I settled into my own pace and did my best to keep riding hard and clean the technical single track. A few miscues slowed my momentum and a few more Cat 1/2 45+ riders passed me.

Hitting the second lap I paired up with another rider (assuming Cat 1/2 45+ rider) and we traded positions on and off until he finally pulled away as we entered the second half of the lap. Luckily he and a stud single speeder racing Cat 1/2 stayed within sight providing some much needed motivation to continue pushing hard. Second time through single track was much easier despite missing a few lines due to fatigue.

Finished alone in 13th which is disappointing but I had still had fun. Thanks to the organizers and volunteers for a fun, well run race.

Looking forward to Mooch this weekend.

Team Town Cycle

Ok, so here's the dealio. We'll get a PDF of results up soon, and they'll have all the places you're looking for. Apparently, USA Cycling isn't posting results of anyone who doesn't have an annual license. They say you can create a free account and claim your results. ??? Our scorekeeper has been arguing with USAC to fix this issue for some time now - no luck. Apparently it's been an issue for a few years, but for some reason everyone is noticing it more this year. Anyway, none of this will impact your results or your standings for H2H. Give us a few hours to get it all uploaded - and thanks for your patience!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I guess we’ll wait til the last race to say they messed up. SS cat1 and cat 2 had minimum 4 racers each all last year. 3 combined today because not one cat 1 racer wants to do a cat 2 race. 1 in 45+, 3 in 15-45(one now on gears) and 1 in open...that doesn’t make much for a good SS race.
Ok, so here's the dealio. We'll get a PDF of results up soon, and they'll have all the places you're looking for. Apparently, USA Cycling isn't posting results of anyone who doesn't have an annual license. They say you can create a free account and claim your results. ??? Our scorekeeper has been arguing with USAC to fix this issue for some time now - no luck. Apparently it's been an issue for a few years, but for some reason everyone is noticing it more this year. Anyway, none of this will impact your results or your standings for H2H. Give us a few hours to get it all uploaded - and thanks for your patience!
yay USAC lol

Jeffreywoliver

Holy shit! I didn’t realize how cold it was until I changed after the race, alone in the parking lot (well almost) because I was the DFL finisher and everything was packed up. Totally didn’t even notice the cold during 5 hours of racing, but almost died (again) in the lot afterwards.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, up next is the best race of the series, Mooch Madness! It's not quite as techy as Ringwood, but don't think this will be some walk in the park. If I was going to compare it to a beer, I'd call it well balanced.
There's a little bit of fireroad, lots of singletrack with enough rocks to keep you honest, a decent amount of climbing, awesome downhill flows, and the entire short track course which we missed this year. The start / finish is located in a cool little village atmosphere that motivates you every time you start a new lap.

Here's a video I took like 7 years ago which loosely resembles the current course. It's pretty crazy how even the spots which are the same are completely different. Good memories.

And here is the reg link

https://www.bikereg.com/mooch-madness

Do us all a favor and please drive slow when entering the camp. And when you do park, don't take up 2 spots.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I'm bummed that I am going to have to miss mooch because I do not get back to NJ for a few more weeks. Mooch is always a fun place to race! If you are on the fence, do it! You will not be disappointed.

Top Bottom