Kaleidopete

more photos
RingRumb20.jpg
RingRumb06.jpg
RingRumb11.jpg
RingRumb17.jpg
RingRumb18.jpg

szymon

Anyone happen to snap a pic of the pro/1 results, I hurt my hand toward the end of the race and didn't want to wait?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Anyone happen to snap a pic of the pro/1 results, I hurt my hand toward the end of the race and didn't want to wait?
I got DFL. 90% of the reason I suck is my starts so each of these OPEN races I am doing I am tryi g to hang on as long as I can on the SS. Today was tough. I tried a full lap preride, openers yesterday and today and I still went way too lon getting watmed up. My 2nd lap was a min faster.
I hung with the pros until 3/4 way down the fire road. Last I saw of them was the top of the last fire road climb before the fast descent. A couple geared guys got me on last climb before tech but Once in the tech I saw @jShort creeping up. Somehow that motivated me and I put the hammer down and cleaned the whole last 3.5 miles. No one else passed until the climb up white road. Two geared guys road by and I saw @jShort coming up eventually again. On the last climb before the tech I put the hammer down and passed those guys back. I crept up on two more guys in the tech and made a fee mistakes with Jerry on my tail. I unclipped and finally jist let him by. I locked onto his wheel for the last three miles. I saw @BrianGT3 coming behind me and I just tried to drill any tech and anything that resembled a hill. My race craft sucks but I am learning. Let’s try to improve by bext week.
It was great seeing so manny people out there in the cold. @pooriggy , @Kirt , @Riggedfmx , @Santa @sarcaro , @xc62701 , @Sven Migot @scotth (tee shirt and shorts none the less) and @Kaleidopete

Attachments

• 1C7D954E-6C78-41B7-844F-51F9CC297E96.jpeg
    1C7D954E-6C78-41B7-844F-51F9CC297E96.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 175

szymon

Thank you for the pic, my motivation disappeared after a small slip up hurt my hand and turned into just trying to finish, it is starting to turn a nice blue purple color though.

moose35

I wanted to say thanks to team town cycle and everyone involved.
My daughter Zoe had a great time. The course was awesome and very well marked. She absolutely loved those rocky single track descents.
Ringwood Rumble Race 058.jpg
Ringwood Rumble Race 093.jpg

She's currently sitting on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and a huge smile

Thanks for the pic @Kaleidopete
Zoe looks/is so little there in the middle.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got DFL. 90% of the reason I suck is my starts so each of these OPEN races I am doing I am tryi g to hang on as long as I can on the SS. Today was tough. I tried a full lap preride, openers yesterday and today and I still went way too lon getting watmed up. My 2nd lap was a min faster.
I hung with the pros until 3/4 way down the fire road. Last I saw of them was the top of the last fire road climb before the fast descent. A couple geared guys got me on last climb before tech but Once in the tech I saw @jShort creeping up. Somehow that motivated me and I put the hammer down and cleaned the whole last 3.5 miles. No one else passed until the climb up white road. Two geared guys road by and I saw @jShort coming up eventually again. On the last climb before the tech I put the hammer down and passed those guys back. I crept up on two more guys in the tech and made a fee mistakes with Jerry on my tail. I unclipped and finally jist let him by. I locked onto his wheel for the last three miles. I saw @BrianGT3 coming behind me and I just tried to drill any tech and anything that resembled a hill. My race craft sucks but I am learning. Let’s try to improve by bext week.
It was great seeing so manny people out there in the cold. @pooriggy , @Kirt , @Riggedfmx , @Santa @sarcaro , @xc62701 , @Sven Migot @scotth (tee shirt and shorts none the less) and @Kaleidopete

I give you credit for trying, but wouldn't you have more fun in cat 1?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I give you credit for trying, but wouldn't you have more fun in cat 1?
Everyone keeps saying that. Today I didn’t do what I wanted to do.(This is open pro/cat 1 btw ;) ). I want to best myself. I should have held on longer today. The reason I am racing these is I want to hang in to the group and go as hard as I can u til I blow up. I keep leaving too much in the tank(just racing shitty tbh). I know it’s possible and I want to do it. For me it’s getting iver mental blocks. I always kill it in training and ride too conservatively in races. It’s been difficult to change.

Team Town Cycle

I wanted to say thanks to team town cycle and everyone involved.
My daughter Zoe had a great time. The course was awesome and very well marked. She absolutely loved those rocky single track descents.
View attachment 67185View attachment 67186

She's currently sitting on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and a huge smile

Thanks for the pic @Kaleidopete
Zoe looks/is so little there in the middle.

Zoe is the best - we love it when she comes out - you can tell she rides just for the joy of it!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
SS did fine by me today.
U should race the sour grape category, you would crush it and make wine...bruh.
I guess we’ll wait til the last race to say they messed up. SS cat1 and cat 2 had minimum 4 racers each all last year. 3 combined today because not one cat 1 racer wants to do a cat 2 race. 1 in 45+, 3 in 15-45(one now on gears) and 1 in open...that doesn’t make much for a good SS race. Oh and one that is doing MASS now.

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great race put on by Team Town Cycle. Linking Skylands trail to Race course is something we always ride when we come to Ringwood, it was great to see this in a race. Ringwood is one of the classic parks up in north Jersey, along with Wawayanda and Allamuchy, I'm grateful to have these places to ride and race.

Top Bottom