2018 H2H Race Series

Jeffreywoliver

Rode the course Thursday with my friend Rob, first 1/2 is very similar to last year. Start right on the fireroad which is one endless climb. Right before you hit the fireroad downhill the climb gets even steeper! Then bomb the fireroad, short downhill recovery to another endless climb that throws in some rocks and tech the closer you get to the top. Its double track at this point very particular lines over the rocks. Bomb another fireroad. Then a massive fireroad climb that feeds you into single track with punchy climbs for last 3.5 miles of the course. Out of this 3.5 I think a mile and half is similar to last year. The single track is a blast, flowy mixed with rock tech. They did a great job with course layout this year, keep cat 2 at 1 lap should mitigate all the traffic that was present from last year. Watch out for sniper rocks on the downhills, that's how I wound up getting a flat last year. Rain on sunday should make things interesting. 50/50 on whether or not I'm doing this one, I've been lifting all winter and currently running 15 lbs over race weight and will most likely blow up after 1st lap. But what better way to shock the body into race mode than doing a race?

Thanks for the intel. I was hoping to scout the trails beforehand. Can’t wait to listen to the podcast.

xc62701

50/50 on whether or not I'm doing this one, I've been lifting all winter and currently running 15 lbs over race weight and will most likely blow up after 1st lap. But what better way to shock the body into race mode than doing a race?

I've been doing pizza intervals all winter. I'm not in shape and looking to have fun. At this point who cares. Come have fun and play bikes!

xc62701

Agreed - great course!

Fatbike race was fun! I felt ok and just wanted to ride the rocks clean. I wasn't climbing super well but I was enjoying the singletrack. I got to the line first!

The cat 1 race not so much. I was so cold waiting for the second race I was hoping I could get my legs fired up for round two. Off the line - nope. I watched the group go away and I couldn't get back to them. I rode my race and suffered on the climbs and enjoyed the rocks. It wasn't a super competitive race for me. Pizza intervals set me up poorly but who doesn't love a good kick in the teeth for motivation?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
38 and windy at the lot.
Where’s the live updates

MTBNJ had a successful day. I'll let the people who did well tell their story. I got 4th and @BrianGT3 was right behind me for 5th in the 15-45 Cat 1. (yes, you read that right, 15-45). Cat had 16 in it.
I'll do a proper write up tomorrow if work is quiet in the morning.
Sick course tho. Probably one of my favorite. Lots of rocks.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Agreed - great course!

Fatbike race was fun! I felt ok and just wanted to ride the rocks clean. I wasn't climbing super well but I was enjoying the singletrack. I got to the line first!

The cat 1 race not so much. I was so cold waiting for the second race I was hoping I could get my legs fired up for round two. Off the line - nope. I watched the group go away and I couldn't get back to them. I rode my race and suffered on the climbs and enjoyed the rocks. It wasn't a super competitive race for me. Pizza intervals set me up poorly but who doesn't love a good kick in the teeth for motivation?

At least you cleaned this section. I watched like 100 people walk it!!

20180415_094656.jpg

Top Bottom