2018 H2H Race Series

Jeffreywoliver

at Ringwood, I finished a lap BEFORE 4 hours expired. 3:55 into race. I was told to STOP as the race ended AT 4 hours. that is different than the way h2h endurance ran last year and I was cool with it. the race director shared that the race completed at 4 hours.... my question is, will it be the same for Mooch. sorry if I am not being clear....either way, i am sure they will announce at race so was just curious.

That’s interesting, I went through at 3:56 and they let me keep going., so I did 5 laps in 5:05. I assume they figured that even without letting you go for a 6th lap then you won on 5laps under 4 hours. I wish they’d have just stopped me if that were the case. I basically did a 5th lap because I thought I might gain a lap on a few folks. Alas I did not. I was secretly hoping they’d stop me at 3:56 though. By the time I finished I was lucky the organizers were still there.

Jeffreywoliver

Really bummed about the Stewart date change. Unfortunately, I cannot race the June date, so the two courses that suit me most are out of reach. Appreciate the effort it takes, though, as I’ve promoted races myself and know the headaches. I get that the real mountain bikers love Ringwood, Round Valley, the crazy tech and such. Having some variety, IMO, is what brings in people. Not complaining. I did 5 laps at RW, so I guess I earned the right to comment. Working on my tech skills. :)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I get that the real mountain bikers love Ringwood, Round Valley, the crazy tech and such.
No one loves RV, it's just a place to ride when all the other trails are too wet. The climbs and descents are straight fall line stuff which is a bland lay out.

Real mtbers love Ringwood, Wawayanda, Allamuchy, Jungle...

Bummer about Stewart, that place has some fast flow.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey everyone....Saturday 1pm. Im going to be leading a pre ride lap of the course. Meet at 1, dont be TOO early as there is a running race going on at the camp and we have been given strict instructions to not interfere with it. If you are not familiar with the camp...When you come in off waterloo road, make your first right and just keep driving until you reach the parking lot...about 5-10min from waterloo road.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey everyone....Saturday 1pm. Im going to be leading a pre ride lap of the course. Meet at 1, dont be TOO early as there is a running race going on at the camp and we have been given strict instructions to not interfere with it. If you are not familiar with the camp...When you come in off waterloo road, make your first right and just keep driving until you reach the parking lot...about 5-10min from waterloo road.
And drive SLOWLY please.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm a little excited to see him and Mandell face off here..

I think they're both gonna lap you :)

At least once. I'm thinking the o-u is 2.5

rode today.

the line just moved to 3.5

this was my 5th (?) time on the course, + all the short track pieces - i don't remember the climb past friggin middle. must have been hypoxic
the last times. i gotta say it was fun on a fat bike. just aim and plow over stuff. slowly.

WickedSistahEast

Am I ok to pre-ride the cat 3, since it’s my first race, or do I have to ride the cat 1/2? Either will be fine, but cat 3 is preferred.

thegock

hey @thegock - thinking maybe 45+ cat 2 might be a better choice for us than 55+ open.....
of course we get the same pain either way. want to do the old endurance instead?

@fidodie
Tell Rob that I feel like I have 13th place all but locked up, cuz my rigorous training program:

BEER FDAY IMG_20180420_205416-01-01.jpg

Mtbdog

If you mean "can I go after 1:00" the answer is, to quote the Simpsons: "Yes with a but, no with an If".

Just be out of there by 5-6:00 please.
Thanks to both of you much appreciated. I was wondering about the afternoon, thanks again.

Top Bottom