2018 H2H Race Series

hey @thegock - thinking maybe 45+ cat 2 might be a better choice for us than 55+ open.....
of course we get the same pain either way. want to do the old endurance instead?

questions for Mooch - is endurance a 4 hour race (race is over at 4 hours) OR do you run another lap if you pass line prior to clock hitting 4 hours. at ringwood they stopped us at 4 hours (thank g-d!!). just need to get mentally prepared if I need to do another lap.....

questions for Mooch - is endurance a 4 hour race (race is over at 4 hours) OR do you run another lap if you pass line prior to clock hitting 4 hours. at ringwood they stopped us at 4 hours (thank g-d!!). just need to get mentally prepared if I need to do another lap.....
I guess it depends on your standing, here is a friends strava from Ringwood race.
  • 34.25mi
    Distance
  • 4:55:23
    Moving Time
  • 4,616ft
    Elevation

this came up in another thread - go through before 4 hours, keep going.
seems it is not uncommon to gather before the lap line, and not cross it until 4:00:01,
because not doing another lap could be a DNF. Not that it has to be......
If we are lucky, the s/f might be past the food - could stop for a snack, then finish up.

i plan on utilizing this strategy!

this came up in another thread - go through before 4 hours, keep going.
seems it is not uncommon to gather before the lap line, and not cross it until 4:00:01,
because not doing another lap could be a DNF. Not that it has to be......
If we are lucky, the s/f might be past the food - could stop for a snack, then finish up.

i plan on utilizing this strategy!
In an email from the Ringwood Endurance race it stated "All racers will finish on the leaders lap. There will be a running time clock at the start/finish line".
How do you know how many laps the leader did? Say the leader did 5 laps at 4:05 and stopped and you only did 4 laps at 4:10? Do you keep going and do 5 laps? If you don't do the 5 laps are you marked DNF?

You cannot start another lap after the 4hr. mark. He who has the most laps in the least time wins.

In an email from the Ringwood Endurance race it stated "All racers will finish on the leaders lap. There will be a running time clock at the start/finish line".
How do you know how many laps the leader did? Say the leader did 5 laps at 4:05 and stopped and you only did 4 laps at 4:10? Do you keep going and do 5 laps? If you don't do the 5 laps are you marked DNF?

No that just means that when the winner stops, everyone stops. This is sort of "cross verbiage" where you may get lapped, and the race ends when the winner wins. It's not quite as pertinent here.

Placement goes as such:

1. Number of laps
2. Lowest amount of time to do those laps

So someone who did 5 laps in 5:05 would beat someone who did 4 laps in 1:05.

at Ringwood, I finished a lap BEFORE 4 hours expired. 3:55 into race. I was told to STOP as the race ended AT 4 hours. that is different than the way h2h endurance ran last year and I was cool with it. the race director shared that the race completed at 4 hours.... my question is, will it be the same for Mooch. sorry if I am not being clear....either way, i am sure they will announce at race so was just curious.

at Ringwood, I finished a lap BEFORE 4 hours expired. 3:55 into race. I was told to STOP as the race ended AT 4 hours. that is different than the way h2h endurance ran last year and I was cool with it. the race director shared that the race completed at 4 hours.... my question is, will it be the same for Mooch. sorry if I am not being clear....either way, i am sure they will announce at race so was just curious.

This is really your call. I imagine the conversation would go like this:

You: Hey it's 3:55, can I go back out?
Me: Wait, didn't we have you emergency airlifted out of Stewart last year?
You: Ummm....I'm drawing a blank.
Me: Yeah, your wife & daughter came later to pick up your truck. I'm sure that was you.
You: No no you have the wrong guy.
Me: Ok so are you ok with passing out on the course and then coming back and we're all gone?
You: It's all good.
Me: Ok, where are your keys so I can call your family now?
You: Console
Me: K, good luck.

YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom