2018 Gravity Season

anyone who purchased MTBParksPass receive theirs? trying to figure out when it will arrive...sent tweet but no response.
they really suck with communications. i emailed two or three times and never got a response. finally got one via facebook meseenger, on march 10th they said they would be shipping them in 6-8 weeks. so maybe late April early May they should come.

Ride clips... problem solved ;)
I just got done experimenting with flat pedals for riding rocks and normal trails on my fatbike instead of just using the flats on snow. Terrifying experience and I was 1/2-3/4 speed on down hills. Pedal strike to the shin sealed it. Back to clips and full confidence and I'll save my shins for the rocks kicked up by the front tire as mentioned. Those really hurt!

I've "shinned" myself with clipless riding DH as well. I generally like a low, slack bike - which means occasional pedal strikes. At speed. Sometimes with enough force to de-clip. Which can send that pedal up and into my shin.

After 14 stitches in my lower left shin from a flat pedal crash at Mt Snow many years ago (along with 30 min of the NP scrubbing mud out of the wound), I go for protection more than any sense of vanity. And that was even wearing a full Dainese suit - that unfortunately leaves more exposed shin than I'd prefer. For many years I wore a pair of V-Top armored pants which provide more complete leg protection, but they are long out of production and my pair finally wore out.

No US Open at Creek this year? Was it ever held anywhere else? That's a bummer......did killington outbid Creek? Just curious about the process.

No US Open at Creek this year? Was it ever held anywhere else? That's a bummer......did killington outbid Creek? Just curious about the process.
The promoter wanted/ needed a bigger venue with hotels to grow the event. Creek has a few good events planned this year including a Pro GRT this spring.

The promoter wanted/ needed a bigger venue with hotels to grow the event. Creek has a few good events planned this year including a Pro GRT this spring.

cool, thx vdub. It looks like there's a progrt event in may and eastern states cup has a dh and enduro race in august at Creek. Is GES still up and running? Whatever I found searching for them online seems pretty dated. It would be cool if Creek could have their own mini race series, like a 5-6 event series for the year. I know they have those thursday races, but that damn thing called work gets in the way.

cool, thx vdub. It looks like there's a progrt event in may and eastern states cup has a dh and enduro race in august at Creek. Is GES still up and running? Whatever I found searching for them online seems pretty dated. It would be cool if Creek could have their own mini race series, like a 5-6 event series for the year. I know they have those thursday races, but that damn thing called work gets in the way.
As far as I know Gravity east isn't a thing anymore, if you want to go DH it Eastern States Cup. They run quite a few races over the year

As far as I know Gravity east isn't a thing anymore, if you want to go DH it Eastern States Cup. They run quite a few races over the year
Anyone remember when platty was the only game in town besides nationals. I bet if creek ran a one a month locals race on sundays they would do well then again I am old now so it maybe wishful thinking.

Anyone remember when platty was the only game in town besides nationals. I bet if creek ran a one a month locals race on sundays they would do well then again I am old now so it maybe wishful thinking.

Yep. I used to love those races. Now it's questionable Platty will even be open at all other than for the ESC event.

That said, DH racing is in a tough place here in the east coast. Back in the day, it seemed like everyone who rode DH raced as well. Back then, a typical Platty event would have more racers than a ProGRT event. Now with so many new places to ride there are more DH riders than ever, but nobody wants to race. The ESC series is barely hanging onto the DH side. If you look at the schedule, all of the DH races are combined with Enduro events. Which will make Sat practice a bit of a pain, as the lift line will probably be insane. Although traffic on the DH course will probably be light.

I've pretty much decided to sell my DH race bike and go with a Nomad to take care of gravity riding. While I like having a DH bike, it's a lot of bike to have around that I barely ride. I think I rode it maybe 6 times last year.

Day one of #TheSummerOfPark is in the books.
3193FF05-84FA-4CDF-824A-B10A0113CF28.jpeg

@mattybfat told me to hit the gym. Did I listen? Let’s just say my quads were on fire half way down my first run. Perhaps eating nachos while binge watching Netflix might not have been a suitable substitute. :|

Last edited:
That's always been my first run ski or bike. I haven't done top to bottom in like 10 years anywhere just saying. Those were race days. Now it's about enjoying sections, so push yourself and enjoy! Looking forward to hooking up for some fun...

Back
Top Bottom