2018 Gravity Season

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you've never ridden at Mtn Creek before, definitely spend a couple of days there before the event. While I understand the enduro courses don't use the most insane trails at Creek, if you've never been there before or have limited DH experience, it may be an eye opener.
I've ridden a decent bit of downhill and know Creek really well. You probably won't see me sending it off the Cabin Drop, but I'm no stranger to bombing through the rock gardens on the back side. I just mean it's always been like a fun weekend hobby versus something I take competitively like XC racing. Ready to change that, though :)

oobaa47

If you've never ridden at Mtn Creek before, definitely spend a couple of days there before the event. While I understand the enduro courses don't use the most insane trails at Creek, if you've never been there before or have limited DH experience, it may be an eye opener.

That cat1/pro stage enduro trail from two years ago off of tempest, DMLH, is pretty challenging. I'd rate it right up there with any black diamond dh trail that Creek has.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That cat1/pro stage enduro trail from two years ago off of tempest, DMLH, is pretty challenging. I'd rate it right up there with any black diamond dh trail that Creek has.
Is that the one that feels like just one never ending rock garden?

oobaa47

Is that the one that feels like just one never ending rock garden?

Yeah, halfway down tempest, it's on the right. It's not overly steep, its just very rocky. And since it's not steep, once you get caught up and lose your momentum, I find it very hard to get going again........

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, halfway down tempest, it's on the right. It's not overly steep, its just very rocky. And since it's not steep, once you get caught up and lose your momentum, I find it very hard to get going again........
Yep, I feel like you just have to bomb it and hope you catch a decent line haha. First few times I overthought it and just got stuck.

V-Dub

Very interested in the enduro at Lake Placid, I've heard good stuff about the trails. Two days of Enduro East racing at creek will cool.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very interested in the enduro at Lake Placid, I've heard good stuff about the trails. Two days of Enduro East racing at creek will cool.
Yeah speaking on the highland lift because you can get someone's life story on it. A local of lake placid said there is one 45 minute run on the mountain. Mostly natural terrain is how he explained the park. It has my curiosity.

Ian F

20 year ago, there used to be a DH race at Lake Placid that usually had 20 min times by pros.

qclabrat

does anyone tape their pinky and ringer together on their gloves? Or do you risk breaking both at the same time by doing so?
Saw someone do it and seemed interesting as hand injuries seems to be one of the most common in DH

1519656728148.png

Robin

does anyone tape their pinky and ringer together on their gloves? Or do you risk breaking both at the same time by doing so?
Saw someone do it and seemed interesting as hand injuries seems to be one of the most common in DH

I've never heard or seen this - as a preventative measure. I've seen people do it after the fact. IMO, if you are going to break your finger/jam it, taping it won't save it.

Ian F

Nope. I've also only seen it done as to help reinforce an existing injury.

Broke my left index finger at Mtn Creek many years ago and my right hand at Ramapo on one of the "rogue" trails in 2002 during the "re-Diablo" days.

Top Bottom