2019 Glen Park Enduros

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife conned me into a weekend in the Poconos with her friends that weekend. It's a half hour from Glen Park. I may be here.

Will it be marked on Saturday?

Edit: is this cross bike friendly? Just kidding.

I think i heard this is somewhat less rocky than then bear creek? Which was the only other Enduro I did. Not that I don't like rocks, but my wimpy bike almost cried a few times.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife conned me into a weekend in the Poconos with her friends that weekend. It's a half hour from Glen Park. I may be here.

I think i heard this is somewhat less rocky than then bear creek? Which was the only other Enduro I did. Not that I don't like rocks, but my wimpy bike almost cried a few times.
Not that I have done any enduros there but terrain is very similar to mooch with a bit more buff.

V-Dub

You can definitely do this race on an xc bike although I would recommend a dropper post. GP is way less rocky than Bear Creek. Check it out on Saturday this is always a great race!

CrankAddictRich

As I learn more and more about MTB... enduro races seem like something I'd enjoy. Unfortunately, I can't make this one, but it is definitely something on my radar for the future.

DanBrodeen

It’ll be marked on Saturday before the race. Hope you can make it J!

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I haven’t figured out why, but I actually prefer Glen Park on my XC bike over my Enduro bike. GP is not that rocky, relative speaking .

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Website says you can’t stash water-does that mean you must carry a days’ worth or just per stage?
A stage is:
Start at the bottom, pedal up, roll down, done?
And both the up and down are timed for a total time?
Price for registration? (I did look....)
If you can’t make both days but have been there, will you died?
It’s either by age group or Open. Do I need an AARP card?
Thx!

Ian F

There has always been a water stop on the service road where the climb and a couple of the stages cross.

Wolfjon

We went and I signed my son up for his 1st race. I helped Marshal and ran between the various stages to take picture of my son coming down. Unfortunately we got there late on Saturday so we were only able to pre-ride the 1st stage so he pretty much ran every stage blind. He did really good all factors considering and he had a great time. He was a little disappointed that he was last place in his age group of under 15 but most of those other kids have raced either NICA or Enduros and had also pre-run the courses so I had to remind him that he took it conservatively and had Zero crashes and made it through all six stages.. that's way more pedaling then we normally do.
We also met many cool people and had it was a perfect day for it.

DanBrodeen

We went and I signed my son up for his 1st race. I helped Marshal and ran between the various stages to take picture of my son coming down. Unfortunately we got there late on Saturday so we were only able to pre-ride the 1st stage so he pretty much ran every stage blind. He did really good all factors considering and he had a great time. He was a little disappointed that he was last place in his age group of under 15 but most of those other kids have raced either NICA or Enduros and had also pre-run the courses so I had to remind him that he took it conservatively and had Zero crashes and made it through all six stages.. that's way more pedaling then we normally do.
We also met many cool people and had it was a perfect day for it.
Sounds like he did awesome! Come back and join us on October 20th for the Final Round Enduro!

DanBrodeen

Fall is here and with it the best riding weather of the year. Fall also means its time to throw down your best runs at the Glen Park Final Round Enduro! Glen Park once again hosts the finals for the Mid Atlantic Super Series! The trails are in awesome shape so take advantage and start practicing now because in a little over a month it is going down!

Visit www.bikereg.com/glen-park-final-round-enduro for more info and to register.

Final Round Flyer 1.jpg

Top Bottom