2018 BIYF March Madness Double Elimination Tournament

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Last edited:

liong71er

So, this thing aren't over yet? I thought it was over that's why I don't bother to ride the whole last week... oh dear!!

Patrick

Staff member
So, this thing aren't over yet? I thought it was over that's why I don't bother to ride the whole last week... oh dear!!

you are seeded #2 -

1521505861667.png

Patrick

Staff member
Where'd I end up finishing in the other one?

you blew away the field in the composite. Well done.
TBH - i feel like i lacked leadership on the issue of all the riders taking advantage of the new indoor tech. I saw it coming, but
let others move me off my position. I think you'll have a ton of competition next year. And there won't be any indoor training shaming.
I've refunded your entry fee :D Hopefully i can get some trinkets for our leading participants.
aside: you are consistent with your training! good luck this year.

pygmypony

Just when you were done, and it was over, and you could stop thinking about it.
The top 16 outdoor riders will go to the big show. Congrats.

@Kaleidopete
@liong71er
@DoubleD25
@pygmypony
@goodvibe
@huffster
@jimvreeland
@teabagger11
@terrabike01
@w_b
@JRP581
@Hot Action
@adogg
@Robin
@fidodie
@KenS

1 week per round - total saddle time - double elimination....

i will not update standings during the week - if you don't know who you are competing against - too bad.
you can't control what they do, only what you can do. go ride your bike!

Check out the bracket! (stand by)

I'm having trouble with the embedding right now - here is a link

this is so ridiculous!...and awesome! for the first time in something like 30+ years i didn't get around to filling out a march madness bracket - so this will be a great substitute.

good luck all! thanks again @fidodie for putting this together!

rick81721

Lothar
Unless this is for just a fun booby prize, I am filing a formal complaint on behalf of my client, the honorable @Kaleidopete. Mr. Kaleidopete won the mortal competition per agreed upon rules. Lex retro non agit!

To now change the rules such that a sandbagging schlub can swoop in after 3 months of coasting, turn it on in nicer weather and claim ultimate victory is an egregious injustice! It was bad enough that fake rides were counted this year, now this abomination?

Ex injuria jus non oritur!

Signed,

Rick "F. Lee" Bailey

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I appreciate the thought of this and I'm behind this version

but Jim easily has the easiest path to the big dance, WHO SEEDED THESE TEAMS

Patrick

Staff member
Unless this is for just a fun booby prize, I am filing a formal complaint on behalf of my client, the honorable @Kaleidopete. Mr. Kaleidopete won the mortal competition per agreed upon rules. Lex retro non agit!

To now change the rules such that a sandbagging schlub can swoop in after 3 months of coasting, turn it on in nicer weather and claim ultimate victory is an egregious injustice! It was bad enough that fake rides were counted this year, now this abomination?

Ex injuria jus non oritur!

Signed,

Rick "F. Lee" Bailey

We recognize Pete as the truthful and rightful winner of the 2017-2018 mortals group with all accolades, fortune, and fame that come with it.

This is exclusively for the 33%ers, to keep everyone else down. i considered making it a private, moderated forum, like the high walls of a country club,
but then the proletariat would not have anything to aspire to or be jealous of.

I appreciate the thought of this and I'm behind this version

but Jim easily has the easiest path to the big dance, WHO SEEDED THESE TEAMS

self-selected on time, strength of schedule, point-differential, head-to-head, common opponent, etc
Jim doesn't report all his time on strava....so yeah. But it is double-elimination, so there is always a way back in!

huffster

Oh crap and I took the day off yesterday and today is questionable. I thought I was done. Will try to make it interesting since as @Robin stated, I’ll be riding bikes anyway.

Patrick

Staff member
Oh crap and I took the day off yesterday and today is questionable. I thought I was done. Will try to make it interesting since as @Robin stated, I’ll be riding bikes anyway.

It is over - this is just something to keep us somewhat motivated....parimutuel betting is allowed. paypal me :D
Looks like @pearl is going to start handicapping the match-ups. then we can have a knock-out pool.

Top Bottom