2018 BIYF March Madness Double Elimination Tournament

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
OK - i lied - the scoreboard can now be updated, and indicated leaders in each match.

anyone need a contract programmer that does spreadsheets?

Kaleidopete

So........there's still more work to be done.
Sandpit TM.jpg

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It is over - this is just something to keep us somewhat motivated....parimutuel betting is allowed. paypal me :D
Looks like @pearl is going to start handicapping the match-ups. then we can have a knock-out pool.
What is the pool up to now?

Patrick

Staff member
What is the pool up to now?

i've deposited everyone's entry fee, other than the winners (i returned those).
so $0. And it has been growing at a consistent rate.

When the handicaps come in, i'll randomly assign everyone to a team, so they have someone to back!

Patrick

Staff member
I was cold today - the wind, a bit of fatigue, and didn't use a base glove. Even my feet got cold, and it isn't that cold!
Popped into the local Italian restaurant, and in stereotypical fashion, he has all his "fruit" trees inside for the winter.
Seems he is having some luck with the figs and meyer lemons.
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG

Figs are weird in that fruit can come in on last year's grown in the spring, before any leaves.
They usually aren't that good - but it is fun to see fruit on a tree. Check Breva (breba) Figs for more info.

Also, I almost hit a chicken today. I was in Three Bridges near Luna Pizza, and out comes this fancy
chicken. Or rooster? right across the road. @HeavyMetaLance had posted up a pic on FB over the weekend
of some free-range chickens that needed to be herded off the road in the farmlands of Hunterdon county.

I did see some snow flakes.

Nothing else to report, other than i could use a nap!

CrankAddictRich

you blew away the field in the composite. Well done.
TBH - i feel like i lacked leadership on the issue of all the riders taking advantage of the new indoor tech. I saw it coming, but
let others move me off my position. I think you'll have a ton of competition next year. And there won't be any indoor training shaming.
I've refunded your entry fee :D Hopefully i can get some trinkets for our leading participants.
aside: you are consistent with your training! good luck this year.

Thanks... Last week I was thinking about it and the fact that the contest is based on hours, to me, makes it seem even less important if you're on a trainer or not. If the contest was based on miles, I'd at least feel that there's a valid argument that on the trainer you aren't actually moving anywhere (although, I personally still count trainer miles). To me, hours are hours... granted, indoor you're not dealing with the cold of outdoors, but IMO, that's not hugely signifiant in terms of the effect that those hours have on training.

As for my training, thanks. Definitely making a big jump up in terms of who I'm racing and I want to prepared. I don't like showing up unprepared, for anything I do. Based on the numbers, I'm actually fitter than I've ever been in terms of riding. I've also been eating good, down weight and I've been doing push-ups and core exercises to prepare for the TT position. I've been out on the TT bike a few times, despite this weather and it feels good.

Top Bottom