2018-19 Ski /Snow Board Season

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from Vt. Skied smuggs/sugarbush and the Stratton on Monday. The ikon pass is the greatest pass.
Most of the woods at Stratton we’re open. Really fun mountain with 6-8” of fresh powder.

Ikon is good for all of those plus Killington/Pico?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Just got back from Vt. Skied smuggs/sugarbush and the Stratton on Monday. The ikon pass is the greatest pass.
Most of the woods at Stratton we’re open. Really fun mountain with 6-8” of fresh powder.

All mountains are fun with 6-8" of fresh powder. Ikon is great if traveling out West. But the EC mountains included would not be my favorites so it's a tough call vs. Epic Pass.

roc

Ikon is good for all of those plus Killington/Pico?
Not smuggs. But yes Killington/ Pico. Sugarbush, Stratton, Sunday river, sugarloaf, loon. 5 days at each. For the bass pass, 7 days at each if you go for the full pass, unlimited at Stratton.
And then about 25-30 more in the Rockies. I have the the bass pass, holiday blackouts. It was 650/700. I skied 10 days in Utah with it. Snowbird/Alta-and deer valley. Unlimited at solitude. Going back up to vt the 17-20. So far I’ve skied about 15 days on the pass. Or roughly $43 a day. It will go down more after the next Vermont trip.
Really an amazing deal, if you’re able to use it. I have a very cool wife, I was in Vermont and heading home Sunday after skiing and she told me to get a place at Stratton and ski there on Monday, instead of fighting the snow all the way home. Not too many of my friends get that kind of freedom, my buddy’s wife was not happy that he was staying. She wanted to know ‘who’s going to do the driveway”

roc

All mountains are fun with 6-8" of fresh powder. Ikon is great if traveling out West. But the EC mountains included would not be my favorites so it's a tough call vs. Epic Pass.
You’re right. But it helped that they had a nice base, the lower angle trees were really soft with minimal ice scrapping under the snow. The steeper trees definitely had a little more ice under the new snow.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not smuggs. But yes Killington/ Pico. Sugarbush, Stratton, Sunday river, sugarloaf, loon. 5 days at each. For the bass pass, 7 days at each if you go for the full pass, unlimited at Stratton.
And then about 25-30 more in the Rockies. I have the the bass pass, holiday blackouts. It was 650/700. I skied 10 days in Utah with it. Snowbird/Alta-and deer valley. Unlimited at solitude. Going back up to vt the 17-20. So far I’ve skied about 15 days on the pass. Or roughly $43 a day. It will go down more after the next Vermont trip.
Really an amazing deal, if you’re able to use it. I have a very cool wife, I was in Vermont and heading home Sunday after skiing and she told me to get a place at Stratton and ski there on Monday, instead of fighting the snow all the way home. Not too many of my friends get that kind of freedom, my buddy’s wife was not happy that he was staying. She wanted to know ‘who’s going to do the driveway”

Am I correct that Tremblant was also bought up by Ikon? We go up every year because D's parents live ~5 miles or so from there. I am not sure it would be justified but this is something I want to have my radar for future reference.

roc

Am I correct that Tremblant was also bought up by Ikon? We go up every year because D's parents live ~5 miles or so from there. I am not sure it would be justified but this is something I want to have my radar for future reference.
you are correct sir, i forgot about that one, pretty sure, that is one of the places that is unlimited with no blackouts. if you buy it now, it's $650. The biggest thing the pass does, is it makes you go skiing, you feel obligated to make it worth the investment. Take your wife and kid/kids out west, you'll love it. under 12, the pass is 250

rxpxskier

Anyone know of a dry cleaner or Taylor that can fix a Helly Hanson jacket? Been to 2 places in Randolph with “nope.” I have a few places I can take it to in Vermont but was hoping to accomplish locally.

Zaskar

Skiing sugarbush 3/18-20. If you're there take a few runs and have a beer with us.

Did you ever find passes? This was posted today on FB. PM me if you want the details... these are not my tickets and I don't know the seller.

Sugarbush Lift Tickets
$80

I have 4 totally transferable, any-day lift tickets to Sugarbush. $80 each, will ship anywhere for free! (Full priced tickets are $119). Can purchase individually.

roc

Just got back from a day at gore and 2 at sugarbush. Anything ungroomed was a little tough. But the groomers were great, they have a ton of snow up there right now, once it warms up a little, all the natural trails will be awesome.
Left sugarbush at 2pm yesterday and got hone just as it got dark. Love spring skiing. 544BCB83-4CB5-4302-865E-E85A50F47A74.jpeg0A1F97DB-6D6F-4815-895B-63A2877079EC.jpegACE5479D-C858-4199-9D48-0C4A3B253A09.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm pretty bummed that the ski season is pretty much winding down. Got up to Belleayre last weekend. Here's the Saturday post about that:
https://mtbnj.wordpress.com/2019/03/21/belleayre-part-1/

We are looking at Friday night twilight with the boys tomorrow night, and then that's most likely the end for us. This will mark my 10th day of the year, which is a lot given that I had skied 6 times total in my life before that. Also, hit my first double black diamond at Belleayre Saturday. Just as I get better, the snow is all disappearing and biking season is about to start.

Oh wait, it's raining again...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm pretty bummed that the ski season is pretty much winding down. Got up to Belleayre last weekend. Here's the Saturday post about that:

We are looking at Friday night twilight with the boys tomorrow night, and then that's most likely the end for us. This will mark my 10th day of the year, which is a lot given that I had skied 6 times total in my life before that. Also, hit my first double black diamond at Belleayre Saturday. Just as I get better, the snow is all disappearing and biking season is about to start.

get a work trip out to boulder, and work in a day at A-basin. They go until june, or later, if there is snow!
Something special starting above 13,000 feet...... and it is much closer than aspen.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
get a work trip out to boulder, and work in a day at A-basin. They go until june, or later, if there is snow!
Something special starting above 13,000 feet...... and it is much closer than aspen.
This^ KTM Rich says they just got 24" dump which means spring skiing just got much betterer.
T shirt and sunglasses skiing is getting started soon.

roc

Oh wait, it's raining again
Get a cousin, aunt, uncle, neighbor, whoever to watch you kids and take a

why do I like these updates from someone I’ve never met? I’m rooting for you to become an awesome skier. It’s inconceivable!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, the 2nd day at Belleayre:
https://mtbnj.wordpress.com/2019/03/22/belleayre-part-2/

Can someone clue me in on the whole waxing-of-skis thing. D says she has never waxed her skis. But holy shit, the greens and easier blues on this day were nothing short of brutal. The skis were like micro-braking, if that makes any sense. I did read a bit about having a different wax for warmer conditions. I also wonder if being 200 pounds compounds this issue when you have these slow snow conditions?

Having said that, today was double black diamond day. No falls on any of them. No falls on the day.

Sadly this weather is now not only shitting on the bike season, but the ski season as well. Camelback plans are bagged for tonight.

@roc - I appreciate the encouragement, and honestly look forward to you chiming in on these because you seem to get so stoked on the ski season. My boss is putting in his notice today, so the chances of me being able to blow off work and head north are pretty much slim & none. Maybe I'll take bereavement leave to go ski next week. F work. F rain.

Top Bottom