2018-19 Ski /Snow Board Season

qclabrat

Their computer system sucks. I’ve had problems reloading tickets forever from them. Took almost 25 minutes this morning waiting for their screens to load. Though it’s not much better at the mountain. I always get the clueless person behind a register.
Not as bad as Mt Creek, the new day passes are bracelets which they physically need to put on for you. Lines were out the door on MLK weekend even at the South

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Not as bad as Mt Creek, the new day passes are bracelets which they physically need to put on for you. Lines were out the door on MLK weekend even at the South

I haven't skied at MC in over 10 years. I always thought that whatever changes MC did were strictly to further inconvenience their customers.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I haven't skied at MC in over 10 years. I always thought that whatever changes MC did were strictly to further inconvenience their customers.
I used to have seasons passes there....my favorite was when you would go there on a weekday/weeknight and the place was FINALLY not crowded...Then they would just close down granite, or south bc there werent enough people and they didnt want to pay the electric bill. Or when you would get a storm over night and they would keep the place closed until they had the groomers pack down 100% of the fresh snow. Worst mountain I have ever skied at.

Zaskar

Pick up Triple Plays next year... no issues earlier this week.

qclabrat

Pick up Triple Plays next year... no issues earlier this week.
I do, but they don't ship them out anymore. Buy them in September/October each year. But still need to get on the same line with day passes. Funny thing those id guns don't work unless an inch away. I hate technology at times...

Zaskar

I do, but they don't ship them out anymore. Buy them in September/October each year. But still need to get on the same line with day passes. Funny thing those id guns don't work unless an inch away. I hate technology at times...

That's weird, mine were shipped direct to me.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
In years past I have purchased a 6 day off peak pass for Blue but this year I decided to change it up and got a value pass for Camelaback. I'm probably just going to get a season pass for Blue for next year. The skiing there is just so much better than Camelback. As an added bonus I could use it for the rest of this year, too. Is MC worth considering? I've never skied there.

roc

In years past I have purchased a 6 day off peak pass for Blue but this year I decided to change it up and got a value pass for Camelaback. I'm probably just going to get a season pass for Blue for next year. The skiing there is just so much better than Camelback. As an added bonus I could use it for the rest of this year, too. Is MC worth considering? I've never skied there.
I’ve only skied Shawnee and camelback in the poconos. I think mountain creek is better, when they have snow.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Stick with blue.

qclabrat

MC is terrible this year if you want features. Really sucks for snowboarding and skiers who like to hit the occasional park. Since the kids gave up skiing, it's kind of lost its luster for me. Will probably cut back on local resorts next season and do a trip out west for a few days.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah Blue is the best of the area ski spots.
I dont even bother with the others.
9 out 10 I would just go to bell, hunter or Wyndham on a weekday of course.

qclabrat

Yeah Blue is the best of the area ski spots.
I dont even bother with the others.
9 out 10 I would just go to bell, hunter or Wyndham on a weekday of course.
I can't do day trips to Hunter/Windham anymore. Just too tired by end of day and I don't even ski/ride as long either. Never found reasonable hotel rates up there either during the winter. There's nothing close by like Hunter west. Need to go back when snow is good.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's nothing close by like Hunter west
Speaking of which I have had great mid weekdays where the volkswagens turned to buses. Has anyone gone this year? Is that new North expansion open. Wife was up this past fall and said they were adding full new North expansion. We have friends who own a rental up there if we were to go. Just not a good catskill snow season.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not the most exciting thing ever, but we ducked out of work early Friday, picked up the kids, and went to Shawnee and skied the place out. Met up with @UtahJoe and The Boberator for this one:
Friday Night Lights: Shawnee Ski Night

kjz0l9n.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very fun night...snow was well "Pennsylvania"...its white and cold? Good stuff for you to practice on

Only two cases where totally out of control skiers nearly ended my sons life....Thats not bad for a friday night at Shawnee.

Outside of his typical "DADDY I HATE SKIING" rants whenever he crashes, my son did well and I managed to teach him a couple of new things.

roc

Just got back from Vt. Skied smuggs/sugarbush and the Stratton on Monday. The ikon pass is the greatest pass.
Most of the woods at Stratton we’re open. Really fun mountain with 6-8” of fresh powder.

Top Bottom