2018-19 Ski /Snow Board Season

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pelican on route 22.

I was going to suggest Pelican, but I figured that was too far away. Now I know there's more than one. You can also get it done at the mountain, but that's probably a bit more expensive.

roc

Here's a blog post from our first day at Pico. Day 2 of the trip, but first day of skiing.

Day 2: A New Ski Hill
"Day 2 of our 3 day getaway, and we hit the slopes proper, spending almost 6 hours at Pico Mountain, then heading home for some good dinner at home."
16,000 vertica is big time respectable, newbie or old timer. Nice job

roc

Thanks! After 2 days off I’m ready to go skiing again. I’m really thinking long & hard about trying to go up on a weekday in March.
You should. Wait and see what the weather is doing. You could go the last weekend of march and probably get an awesome deal. Nothing lik skiing, when the snow is soft and you can feel the sun. Of course, it could always snow.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like 3-5" forecasted for the Poconos tomorrow.
you blowing off work for some of that amazing camelback POW?? :)

reminds me of 2 times where I took off from work, drove early to the hill and they closed the mountain bc it snowed and the employees didnt show up.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last day of the trip for us, second day on the hill.

Day 3: Back to Pico then Back to Jersey
"Day 3, the last day of the Pico Mountain weekend, sees us on the hill again to start the day, and after 4 hours of skiing we set sail on the long trip back to Jersey."

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
you blowing off work for some of that amazing camelback POW?? :)

reminds me of 2 times where I took off from work, drove early to the hill and they closed the mountain bc it snowed and the employees didnt show up.

Blue mt for those that live south or rt 80. can pre-buy the lift ticket, and p/u at will call. once you have the card, refill on-line.

roc

Last day of the trip for us, second day on the hill.

Day 3: Back to Pico then Back to Jersey
"Day 3, the last day of the Pico Mountain weekend, sees us on the hill again to start the day, and after 4 hours of skiing we set sail on the long trip back to Jersey."
You should check out the stratton one nighter deal, for later in the month. You and you wife could go up there and stay on a Saturday night for $250. That would include lifts for both of you on Saturday and Sunday. Its really a deal, that can’t be beat. It’s usually only avail mid week, I’ve done it with my daughter and we usually stay at a motel 3/4 of the way up and have a 45 min drive in the am to the mountain. Then it’s shuttle on/off, pretty nice. Plus, it’s a little under an hour closer.
Also, Stratton has plenty of terrain that will challenge a new skier. Plenty of green and blue from the top. Good place, where you can both take the lift together, but then ski different trails back to the same lift.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You should check out the stratton one nighter deal, for later in the month. You and you wife could go up there and stay on a Saturday night for $250. That would include lifts for both of you on Saturday and Sunday. Its really a deal, that can’t be beat. It’s usually only avail mid week, I’ve done it with my daughter and we usually stay at a motel 3/4 of the way up and have a 45 min drive in the am to the mountain. Then it’s shuttle on/off, pretty nice. Plus, it’s a little under an hour closer.
Also, Stratton has plenty of terrain that will challenge a new skier. Plenty of green and blue from the top. Good place, where you can both take the lift together, but then ski different trails back to the same lift.

The only way I could swing this on a weekend is if the 3rd Short Track gets snowed out. The first 2 and last 2 weekends in March are grounded to NJ due to events we have scheduled. Same with the first weekend in April, and the second weekend of April is when NICA starts.

I am looking at skipping school as my only real option. I mean maybe a one-off day trip here & there. Camelback, Belleayre, Hunter, Windham, etc.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Blue mt for those that live south or rt 80. can pre-buy the lift ticket, and p/u at will call. once you have the card, refill on-line.

Their computer system sucks. I’ve had problems reloading tickets forever from them. Took almost 25 minutes this morning waiting for their screens to load. Though it’s not much better at the mountain. I always get the clueless person behind a register.

roc

I am looking at skipping school as my only real option. I mean maybe a one-off day trip here & there. Camelback, Belleayre, Hunter, Windham, etc.[/QUOTE]
I took my kids out of school for a couple of days. Totally worth it, my kids are 11 and 14. 6th and 8th grade, may be the last year I'm able to do it. Mid-week/non holiday skiing is so differnert from the weekends. Not that Pico is ever that crazy, but places are completely empty midweek.
To me, there is no comparison between camelback and those other mountains. I'm not sure why, but I can't stand camelback. I went to belleayre and windham last year for the first time(warren miller coupon), very fun.

roc

Every year Warren Miller does a ski movie. I've been going to the one in Motown. Usually oct/nov. it's a $25 ticket, and with that, this year, you got 1 free ticket to gore, 1 free ticket to white face. Free ticket to smuggs. All midweek, prior to Christmas. After Christmas, you can use the voucher for 2 for 1 tix. Free tix midweek anytime(non holiday) to sugarbush.
2 for 1 Killingto, with restrictions.
Put it on the calendar for next year. Pretty incredible value.

Zaskar

I spent the past couple of days with friends and fam at Mt Creek staying at Black Creek. Overall I thought conditions were solid (some pun intended) and having door to door shuttle, triple play passes which are right to the lift really makes it enjoyable as there are no hassles. No lines either day. My son loves the park there so did a bunch of South laps with him. I could go on about kid/adult behavior and lack of ski etiquette but that just comes with skiing NJ. Looking forward to March…Killington and Sugarbush first and second weekend.

roc

I spent the past couple of days with friends and fam at Mt Creek staying at Black Creek. Overall I thought conditions were solid (some pun intended) and having door to door shuttle, triple play passes which are right to the lift really makes it enjoyable as there are no hassles. No lines either day. My son loves the park there so did a bunch of South laps with him. I could go on about kid/adult behavior and lack of ski etiquette but that just comes with skiing NJ. Looking forward to March…Killington and Sugarbush first and second weekend.
Skiing sugarbush 3/18-20. If you're there take a few runs and have a beer with us.

Top Bottom