2017 XC Ski Thread

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So bummed that we didn't see u at Short Track. We had a nice warm tent an errything

poo, if i could erase my issues and get there i would...believe me. i want to get back into the loop.

eventually i'll be out of the weeds and back to my regularly scheduled random appearances.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
poo, if i could erase my issues and get there i would...believe me. i want to get back into the loop.

eventually i'll be out of the weeds and back to my regularly scheduled random appearances.
Hey posting is a start, good to hear from you.

onetracker

Got out for a XC ski after work. Super nice day! Much less windy. Snow a bit slower than yesterday but still fast. Glad I waxed the skis quickly last night. I still suck at going downhill in deep snow. Hope to hit High Point over the weekend for some groomed trails.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I still suck at going downhill in deep snow.
Going downhill in deep snow on xc skis is difficult because skis sink. If the snow is somewhat packed yet soft enough on top then step turns are possible, however once the hill gets really steep and it is not groomed then its all suck.

Another day at Watchung for me. Snow was better today, traffic helped pack trail and warmer temps made for a softer more steerable snow. Bonus having @woody with me
20170316_194812.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Think there will be enough snow to ski tommorow at watchung? Where is the trailhead at?
I'm not sure about the south slopes, they were getting slushy yesterday. The north facing should be good. Park at the Playground loop lot and look for tracks down toward the tree line at top of Lake.

cbiker

No I'm heading up from red bank the snow isn't very good down here and I figured wachung wouldn't be too far.

Top Bottom