2017 Tour de France Thread

hotsauce

No way will he hold, 6 seconds, Froome will obliterate him in the TT
Agreed. Astana doesn't have the firepower to control the front like Sky does. Aru will wish he didn't piss Froome off later in the week when a break needs to be caught and there's 6 Sky riders at the front and no one from Astana to be found.

Blair

Agreed. Astana doesn't have the firepower to control the front like Sky does. Aru will wish he didn't piss Froome off later in the week when a break needs to be caught and there's 6 Sky riders at the front and no one from Astana to be found.
sky and quick step will still be chasing any breaks, they just mow through everyone in the climbing, it's unbelievable. Where is Vinokourov when you need him?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Indeed that is true.
Would have been interesting if Porte and Martin hadn't crashed.
No, if porte was still in it, BMC would be chasing everything like they did in some of the opening stages. Riding like they had yellow and giving sky a free ride. I just saw a new flash that they changed the route of the remaining stages to all finish on that same hill.

rick81721

Lothar
No, if porte was still in it, BMC would be chasing everything like they did in some of the opening stages. Riding like they had yellow and giving sky a free ride. I just saw a new flash that they changed the route of the remaining stages to all finish on that same hill.

Hey didya watch those guys paper-boying up the last climb? What chumps!

rick81721

Lothar
At least they didn't walk

giphy.gif

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
What a bum Aru is, losing 20seconds on a day like today and giving the jersey back. I guess that is what happens when you have no team left.

hotsauce

Sky started to ride hard when no Astana teammates were left around 10K and made Aru's situation as bad as possible. Kwiato is an absolute monster, he probably could have soloed to a win yesterday if that was his job.

"He’s been just amazing, this whole race. Everything we’ve asked of him he’s done - and more." - @chrisfroome on @michalkwiatek" - twitter link

Top Bottom