2017 Stewart 45 Registration

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We could also use much more support from that community, which I have not always seen on a large scale.

There are a lot of topics in your post and we could have a long discussion on this one day. But I wanted to pick this out and clarify.

We gave all kids free entry for all our short track races this year, which in the end amounted to something like 120 free "kid races". We also spent a $1000 on the BSA making a trail around the lake which they had asked us to do for years. We made nothing on short track because of this. I don't think you are calling us out specifically but I want to make it clear, we donate a good amount to the kids that eventually wound up racing NICA races. Doing the math there, that's in the realm of a $3500 donation to helping kids race. While we did not donate directly to NICA, I think we did a fair job supporting kid's racing in the state.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Big thanks to @Kaleidopete for the loaner knife for watermelon cutting
20170716_133609.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
I think I got it taking the most rewarding shower of 2017

2018 Stewart 45
TEAMS ONLY
3 laps.
Rider 1 does lap 1
Rider 2 does lap 2
BOTH riders do lap 3, scored on the slower of the two.

No classes, just paying 20 deep straight up
There will be a 10 minute penalty for each man* on your team between the ages of 21 and 60

*Anyone "in the money" will be receiving a Crocodile Dundee gender check by @pooriggy during the 20 minute inquiry period after the 30th team has crossed the finish line.

START MAKING FRIENDS.
And no, I don't care that you choose to race on a bike with slow tires or no gears. RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG.

Maybe if the scoring team will allow we could do a series of check boxes and have the results filterable. So you can check off enough categories that you can say you won the singlespeed fatbike women over 60 from Connecticut category

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome awesome day with all of the peeps!

Team O&B will providing your awesome today, you just bring your legs! (And some water- its hot out for gods sake)
IMG_7596.JPG

Many grown adults riding bicycles in circles in the woods- how silly!
IMG_7606.JPG
IMG_7617.JPG
IMG_7628.JPG

Your MC (Master of cappuccino), the tallest man in show biz-
Capt Funtimes: @seanrunnette
IMG_7640.JPG

Scoring was set up in Area 51, so if anything was wonky, that's why.
IMG_7641.JPG

Even cones won prizes- come on!
IMG_7651.JPG

And the annual tuna on ice.
IMG_7652.JPG

I loves me some sushi.

Thanks all who came out today!
As has been said, if you don't show, and we're just a group of dorks dressed like superheroes in the woods yo.
But came you did.
Hope you had fun, we did.

And you can expect your poison ivy participant rashes to develop over the next 6-12 hours.
Thanks for playing!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Input for future events. Open SS should always be started right behind Open class. No need to start behind 45+ and women. It makes a very boring first lap with no efforts rewarded as everyone bunches up on the women and 45+.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Input for future events. Open SS should always be started right behind Open class. No need to start behind 45+ and women. It makes a very boring first lap with no efforts rewarded as everyone bunches up on the women and 45+.

You want to start first, line up with the big boys. I have heard sporadic complaints from SS and 45+ over the years about the start order. Not once in all my years of promoting has a woman complained to me about the start order. Yet every year I get crap from the various men's classes.

Sorry man but the days of keeping the women at home in the kitchen with the aprons on is over. You want to start ahead of them, line up next to Mr. Snyder and the other fast cats.

45+ is a judgement call but in reality that class is the biggest and basically supports what we are doing out here. No 45+ class, no race, no ice cream, no nothing. It's a discussion but that was my decision on the day. Maybe next time I reverse it.

For the record I used to race SS in the non-SS classes back in the day. My only pro race I ever did, down at Fair Hill, I raced a SS. I got slaughtered but I still did it. You can too.

Top Bottom