2017 Stewart 45 Registration

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
giphy (2).gif

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for a great event. First time I've made it in the current format and it was a blast. Reminded me of old school x/c.

Thanks for coming out Joe, appreciate your quitting racing after our event and not before it! ;)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For the record I love this event. I'd race it yesr after year. I'm sure next year's new location will bring more awesome times. Thanks again.
Just to have it out there...We have not made any decisions yet as to what we are going to do next year. We might change this race into a 24 hour bowling tournament...or maybe we will have an enduro at 6 mile!

thegock

This is the BEST run MTB race in the NJ area. Course markings A+ Food A+ Volunteers A+ Crazed, rabid dog chasing racers A+ (jk, @gtluke).

I race endurance best and really want to find an event to replace this on my calendar, if it won't be run. Any suggestions?

Thanks to McCheese and the mtbnj posse for the mammaries, in any event.

BLUE HERON ECHO BDU IMG_20170212_145514.jpg

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just to have it out there...We have not made any decisions yet as to what we are going to do next year. We might change this race into a 24 hour bowling tournament...or maybe we will have an enduro at 6 mile!
I LIKE BOWLING!

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed

So what I hear you saying is that this is not off the table? That would be terrific, because it's really win-win for everyone. Folks like Dave probably wouldn't have to worry about issues with start order because there'd be at least a little time to shake all those things out before the final sprint for the line, and there wouldn't be too much for the official scorers to do since it's really more of a point-to-point exercise than a lap race (so no need to get all "math-y" keeping track of which lap each racer is on.) And while it would probably be a little boring for the folks at the scorer's table during the first three or four weeks prior to the first finishers arriving, I'd say let's call that more of an opportunity to get caught up their reading. Of course, the logistics of getting all the racers to the start line, setting up feed zones, making sure the ice cream doesn't melt, etc. presents certain challenges to be sure, but with an experienced promoter like Norm at the helm, this is totally doable. So ... pencil it in then?

gtluke

The Moped
I believe we sorted out how to fix the start order, payouts, fat bikes, and cool factor last night. As far as I know it hasn't been tried in bicycle racing, but I'm god damn excited for all the CHANGE IS SCARY people to tell me how stupid it is.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what I hear you saying is that this is not off the table? That would be terrific, because it's really win-win for everyone. Folks like Dave probably wouldn't have to worry about issues with start order because there'd be at least a little time to shake all those things out before the final sprint for the line, and there wouldn't be too much for the official scorers to do since it's really more of a point-to-point exercise than a lap race (so no need to get all "math-y" keeping track of which lap each racer is on.) And while it would probably be a little boring for the folks at the scorer's table during the first three or four weeks prior to the first finishers arriving, I'd say let's call that more of an opportunity to get caught up their reading. Of course, the logistics of getting all the racers to the start line, setting up feed zones, making sure the ice cream doesn't melt, etc. presents certain challenges to be sure, but with an experienced promoter like Norm at the helm, this is totally doable. So ... pencil it in then?
so right at 15 miles...Im making a pretty good estimate....We spend about 60-70 man hours marking, checking and unmarking a race course. Not counting the TM we also do. it is a tremendous effort to do it the way we do it. If @Norm told me we were making a 40-50 mile course, I would just set him on fire. :)

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
so right at 15 miles...Im making a pretty good estimate....We spend about 60-70 man hours marking, checking and unmarking a race course. Not counting the TM we also do. it is a tremendous effort to do it the way we do it. If @Norm told me we were making a 40-50 mile course, I would just set him on fire. :)

The beauty of this idea is that the course is already loaded into GPS files. And I can't imagine MTBNJ would run into any trouble getting insurance to send a bunch of inexperienced weekend warriors like myself out into the great beyond to figure out our own navigation as we make our way across the entire country. I figure that as long as you have a few spots along the way - say, five or six spots across thew midwest and the rockies - where someone is there to serve us solo cups of premium ales and the odd slice of watermelon, there really isn't much prep work to this at all.

V-Dub

wait wait wait, did you say enduro at 6 mile??... I'm pumped

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
they arent marked like these courses, thats for sure
I've only done two and no route was needed on my garmin. Mohican and Wilderness were bith great with only one questionable turn on the road at Mohican(it was marked on the pavement but the sign "disappeared"). MTBNJ does a phenomenal job. I am not comparing them to an NUE either, just sayi g the hours put into these events is a lot!

Top Bottom