2017 NJ Rando

qclabrat

caught this from the TLD thread, anyone doing these?
http://www.njrando.com/2017-events

Considering the Cranbury (April 29th) leg which seems to be the most attended
One thing I find odd with that route is that it's not a loop, I guess I'll need to park near the finish and ride to the start in Village Park which is roughly 20 miles away. So a 7am start would really be a 5am.

Now time to find a suitable saddle, on my last "long" ride I rode on a Specialized Avatar, which is suppose to be designed for long rides. But I found some pinching and my hips felt sore afterwards. Considering a Selle Anatomic or ever popular B17

I've got a well-loved Professional[read: broken in], if you want to borrow it (not for sale at any price!).

My legs are nowhere near ready for something like that, since I fell off the wagon, buy I might do the Central Jersey one later in the year.

I've got a well-loved Professional[read: broken in], if you want to borrow it (not for sale at any price!).

My legs are nowhere near ready for something like that, since I fell off the wagon, buy I might do the Central Jersey one later in the year.

thanks for the offer, I'll consider it if I don't find something in the bin which works out or end up buying something
I could probably use another month to prepare, but it sounds even more painful at the 300K Englewood leg, 200K seems already a stretch at the moment, but I need a goal otherwise I'll never get out...

I forgot my number but it never changes. I could do the C200 without a cue sheet. All in all this is my favorite form of organized riding, hands down.

I forgot my number but it never changes. I could do the C200 without a cue sheet. All in all this is my favorite form of organized riding, hands down.
would you suggest parking mid way so to split the 20ish additional miles to bridge the start and end locations?

125miles and 3k climbing?
After being off the saddle last month and a half... I can feel the cramp already.

My bro lives in Marlboro... so logistically, I can see this happening.... but not at my current conditioning.

caught this from the TLD thread, anyone doing these?
http://www.njrando.com/2017-events

Considering the Cranbury (April 29th) leg which seems to be the most attended
One thing I find odd with that route is that it's not a loop, I guess I'll need to park near the finish and ride to the start in Village Park which is roughly 20 miles away. So a 7am start would really be a 5am.

Now time to find a suitable saddle, on my last "long" ride I rode on a Specialized Avatar, which is suppose to be designed for long rides. But I found some pinching and my hips felt sore afterwards. Considering a Selle Anatomic or ever popular B17
Saddles are an odd thing. I run anew Sworks Carbon Phenom on my Fatboy and a Carbon Romin on the road bike. Personally I find the harder a saddle is the more comfortable it is over long distances as there's less soft tissue compression and movement.

I feel like these are my people. I plan on getting in and learning the ropes. Joined the FB Group and have been talking to Joe...

They are Jim. Joe told me low mileage is 10k a year and he is a vegetarian like you. Last I recall he was designated to riding a fixed gear. Another animal is Bill Olsen.

These guys ride huge miles.

I love this from Velocio's Wise Words of Advise

#5....

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 95
125miles and 3k climbing?
After being off the saddle last month and a half... I can feel the cramp already.

My bro lives in Marlboro... so logistically, I can see this happening.... but not at my current conditioning.
wtf 3k climbing is putting you off?
I'll sign you you for the north Jersey 300k myself,

Saddles are an odd thing. I run anew Sworks Carbon Phenom on my Fatboy and a Carbon Romin on the road bike. Personally I find the harder a saddle is the more comfortable it is over long distances as there's less soft tissue compression and movement.
I've always wondered why a high mileage guy like you isn't on a Brooks

They are Jim. Joe told me low mileage is 10k a year and he is a vegetarian like you. Last I recall he was designated to riding a fixed gear. Another animal is Bill Olsen.

These guys ride huge miles.

I love this from Velocio's Wise Words of Advise

#5....

He just got one of those fancy new Specialized Roubaixs and has been posting pics of a Venge. Looking forward to spending some hours with these folks. Really looking forward to the 600k, that's gonna be a hoot.

@BiknBen did two serious in 05-06 I believe. His write up covering his experience was sooo good. I particularly liked the 100 degree Hillier Than Though ride. He pussed out though and fell asleep- im joking about pussing out but he did fall asleep. I wish I could find that post i really enjoyed it

Back
Top Bottom