2017 NJ CX Cup Schedule

I got a concussion at TownHall last year so maybe I remember it incorrectly...

Wasn't there the gravel uphill which kind of sucked, but the REAL uphill was the grassy hill where they had the 2x4s laid down it to fuck with riding up it? I'm pretty sure I road up to the 2x4s and ran the rest which most of the other Cat5s ran from the bottom. I gained a lot of speed there but running the whole hill wouldn't be that crazy.

I'm pretty sure I told Magic it wasn't a hilly race EXCEPT for the death hill which can/may be run.

And full disclosure, I wasn't trying to give him bad advise so that I can beat someone. :) I'm looking forward to getting killed by a guy on SS.

@StayHydrated should leave his team. TownHall is a great race, close by. One of my favorites last year. Bridgeton is so far...

Concussed @Santapez is correct. One uphill lose gravel section then the real suck is the grass hill which has a curve mid-hill and had two railroad ties towards the top.

It feels hilly but Strava tells me it had less climbing than HPCX, Supercross, Marty's, or Granogue. The climbing is just punchier and concentrated in the first 1/4 of the lap.

How long until he rolls a self-glued tub, dumps it, and reverts back
Self-glued tubulars and self-built wheels survived some road and some off-camber hills in Madison. Success? We'll see Saturday!

http://www.jensonusa.com/!DXy5HfMRJ...MIkdnCloS01gIVyx-GCh2KqwWmEAQYAiABEgK2HPD_BwE
now all you need is a shifter, cassette and RD, I ran this as a second bike for a whole year on my all city and it was perfect. just dont flat.

@1sh0t1b33r the link doesn't work, but if it's those chain tug hanger combos, they don't fit.
the dropout on the Major One are too wide for the machined channels. That's why I had asked on the "what have your..." how to machine a AL part with a Dremel

was planning to part with the bike, but then my kid has taken a liking to riding on the streets. So I got the tugs to make it geared for her. If you can get Lucas or someone to machine them, you have these if you are on a pinch till you get another set.

Looks like AppleCross is a USAC event and has a $10 no-license day fee.

I'm still in as it'll only cost me $20, but that's annoying. Not part of a series but yet they go with USAC. I figured they'd be shooting for the people that don't usually race but want to dip their toes into it.

Looks like AppleCross is a USAC event and has a $10 no-license day fee.

I'm still in as it'll only cost me $20, but that's annoying. Not part of a series but yet they go with USAC. I figured they'd be shooting for the people that don't usually race but want to dip their toes into it.
Same thing happened with that late season NYC event. I was all in because it seemed very against all authorities, then it picked up USAC. Sad times. I was all excited to ride in form Fort Lee.

Also still in for Apple!

If I remember some of the discussion Keith had last year with Rainey Park, and I think it's the same situation as Apple, USAC provides easy access to an off-the-shelf insurance policy. Probably just too onerous to recreate the wheel with limited resources.

You'd be nuts to organize a bike race without liability insurance for the promoter. Heck, my heart skips a beat when I think someone went down at my little "practice".

Probably just too onerous to recreate the wheel with limited resources.

Send me email, I'll send you a link and 3-4 email addresses of the people who will process it for you.

In 15 minutes I can have your event covered in non-USAC style without the $2000 of mystery USAC official fees that come with the Gestapo. And I won't even charge you for my services.

@Norm, I believe that was my recollection of what happened, not sure if 100% accurate.

I'm interested in the insurance though. I'd rather not get taken for all I have after someone sends it too hard at CX practice. Fine like with my "unofficial" event though.

i guess i'll still do apple cross... i don't care about points and all that... but kinda sucks as i thought there wasn't going to be the license fee

Isn't the practice thing just covered by "hey, a bunch of us are doing laps at "x" place on "x" day".

This is assuming they aren't paying you.

Back
Top Bottom