2017 NJ CX Cup Schedule

KMC Cross Fest flyer is out and creating a bunch of buzz. Cat 3 on Friday afternoon and Sunday only. 9-16 juniors on Friday at 9:30 AM.

This is taking a beating on Twitter/FB. Have at it!
KMC17-Race-Flyer_VR5-edits4.jpg
wowwwwwwwwwwww

I have a wedding that weekend so this will be the first time I'll be missing KMC/Providence since I started going in 2013.

Boy am I even more happy about that now.

That schedule is obscene. If you are a cat 2 you have to race the UCI C1 Friday unless you blow it off. The 2/3 is on C2 Sunday so maybe you show up and race one day. Or you skip the whole weekend because you can't or don't want to take Friday off from work and who the hell wants to travel to race one day?

I hope this schedule is a big flop. It makes no sense to me.

I'm offended by it.

Just catching up on FB comments this morning, looks like Applecross is fake news. Even NJBA knows nothing about it.

Just catching up on FB comments this morning, looks like Applecross is fake news. Even NJBA knows nothing about it.
But But But....it was put on their calendar on their website? Have they been hacked by some bad hombres?

Edit: verified that it's still on their embedded Google calendar like 3 minutes after posting this.

@StayHydrated, in the NJCX Cup Facebook group. Basically sounds like they said they're putting on a race then have been radio silence ever since. Don't hold out for that one actually happening. Start rounding up the carpool for Fair Hill.

@1sh0t1b33r @StayHydrated

I've had pretty much 5% interest in doing cross this year, but fuck it. Since Magic says he is doing the races I'm doing you guys should do:

9/23 Town Hall Cross.
9/30 Hippo Cross
10/7 Emmaus Cross Fest
10/28-29 HPCX
11/11 Bubble Cross
12/9 Solstice Cross

I am probably going to skip one day of HPCX because screw two days in a row. I may skip it altogether because I think they charge more than other races and that throws me off.
I'll probably add Marty Cross to the calendar. But that course can suck it.

I've had pretty much 5% interest in doing cross this year, but fuck it. Since Magic says he is doing the races I'm doing you guys should do:

9/23 Town Hall Cross.
9/30 Hippo Cross
10/7 Emmaus Cross Fest
10/28-29 HPCX
11/11 Bubble Cross
12/9 Solstice Cross

I am probably going to skip one day of HPCX because screw two days in a row. I may skip it altogether because I think they charge more than other races and that throws me off.

SuperCross

9/23 Town Hall Cross.
9/30 Hippo Cross
10/7 Emmaus Cross Fest
10/28-29 HPCX
11/11 Bubble Cross
12/9 Solstice Cross

Gloucester

Gloucester
Did you see where I mentioned I'm not really into cross this year? :)

Actually Goucester is the only non-NJ area race I think I'd consider. With all the good things I've heard about it I want to hit it up before it gets RUINED like Providence. Depending on if it's a free weekend, I can convince @MissJR to go and we make a weekend out of it.

Looking at the Calendar, it's a possibility. Cooper River is FAR with no benefit.

Ok, after I typed that I just told my Bostonian friend to plan on Gloucester.

Cooper River is FAR with no benefit.
Cooper River is very fun and an easy drive straight down the Turnpike. It's all power all the time and little to no technical stuff though.

Another destination race worth considering is NBX, its like Bubble turned up to 11.

Cooper River is very fun and an easy drive straight down the Turnpike. It's all power all the time and little to no technical stuff though.

You're half right here. It is straight down the Tpke. CRCX isn't that fun. I may skip this one this year. They do a great job for the space that's there, but it can't be all power/no tech AND fun. IMHO. That's mostly cause I have no power.

Didn't they used to mix the start times up on a year to year basis? Racing in the middle of the day is getting old.
I feel like in the last 3 years the only race I've done in the morning is Town Hall (Long live PA CX).

CRCX is as bland as it gets. They do a good job with that little park but it has nothing to entice me to go back.

Didn't they used to mix the start times up on a year to year basis? Racing in the middle of the day is getting old.
I feel like in the last 3 years the only race I've done in the morning is Town Hall (Long live PA CX).
I thought they did too, then they stopped.
Which races you lookin at for this year?

Looks like the NJCX Cup webpage was updated recently. Six races in the series with none marked as the state championships. Also Bridgeton just launched a Facebook page and is posting course recon photos. Looks pretty legit.

As of late, I may do some races this year.... it depends on if I can convince myself I like it at Ottos practices.

I'll sandbag it in the CAT4 class.. Yay early start times.

I'm looking at races that are within a 30 minute drive of my house:

Whirlybird - 9/10
Hippo - 9/30
Cooper - 10/14
HPCX - (whichever day is the partiest)

Back
Top Bottom