2017 NJ CX Cup Schedule

Robin

Believe me, it's too soon for CX - but while I had my calendar for the fall in front of me, I came across the PA CX series dates. Some are already in earlier posts. Waiting to see when Sly Fox is (the page is blocked at school) - that is one not to miss.

2017 Race Schedule

xc62701

Believe me, it's too soon for CX - but while I had my calendar for the fall in front of me, I came across the PA CX series dates. Some are already in earlier posts. Waiting to see when Sly Fox is (the page is blocked at school) - that is one not to miss.

2017 Race Schedule
I've only done Town Hall and Stoudts. They were both great events. I'd like to hit a couple this fall as well. Stoudts is an amazing one as it's right at the brewery. Come for the race - stay for the beer!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This would be so much easier if every race just picked the same exact date and then we could all bitch and moan about how the promoters are all douchebags and be done with it. This is so much harder to figure out which promoters are douchebags.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone who chooses a race that's not Bubble on Bubble weekend is no longer my friend.

I guess I should add these races to the calendar... Everytime I see cross stuff come up, I realize I'm not riding my mountain bike enough.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
This would be so much easier if every race just picked the same exact date and then we could all bitch and moan about how the promoters are all douchebags and be done with it. This is so much harder to figure out which promoters are douchebags.
I hear those guys that did horseshoe sucked pretty bad. So much so that they quit.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hear those guys that did horseshoe sucked pretty bad. So much so that they quit.

No they were solid. The Craigmeur guys can SaD.

How ironic that I am now on the rec committee in Warren, the same town that shut down the venue Horseshoe used to run at. I actually had the door back opened to bike races possibly being held there but they slammed it just shortly after.

You never know.

The Heckler

But it's Noho weekend. That race looks pretty siqqq.
Noho is pretty siq.

They really work well putting in some challenging features for all levels. The roots off camber drop down last year was TOUGH and put in for all levels.

The Pro-line drop-ins are butt puckering.

Ugh, already getting CX anxiety.

At least I have a wedding KMC weekend so I don't have to get lapped under the lights again.

lol.

I do wish bubble was a different weekend :(

hotsauce

Noho is pretty siq.
I'm debating one day of Bubble vs one day of Noho that weekend. I'm bummed I missed Noho last year and really want to give it a go. Bubble is a weekend later this year partly to not conflict with city people being gridlocked in NYC Marathon traffic on Sunday.

For me it'll likely be a game-time decision based on how I'm riding and how much the newborn is crying. Getting shredded in NECX races is always fun, maybe.

The Heckler

Notice that for the most part, Cross in Europe does not start until October.

https://www.cxmagazine.com/2016-2017-uci-cyclocross-calendar-world-cup-c1-c2-national-championships

Dirt, sunshine, crit cross races are a US invention. For the life of me, I do not understand why folks want to race cross in Early September. Without cold and mud, cross seems pointless IMO.
The freeze cycle is a little different typically in much of the CX hotspots of europe.

Shifting our calendar forwards a month lets us skip the BS in January.

BS? Yeah, you know, like racing frozen ruts of death in a snow storm in Hartford.

I've done a bunch of races in actual snow and on frozen ground, they aren't fun.

The radness you are describing was Supercross Cup Day 2 11/20/2016 Overnight rain turning snow that thawed and turned the hillside course into a mud pit. Fun, challenging, cold, windy, miserable. Cyclocross.

October and november CX is the best. September is fast and still fun. Totally not pointless. Come October you're flying. August CX is a novelty reserved for the few of us that have something wrong in our brains. I guess you could say the same about January CX too.

That Saturday in Hartford changed me. It took 5 months for me to be able to drive by Riverside without getting overwhelmed with anxiety.

Top Bottom