2017 NJ CX Cup Schedule

SO MUCH ACTIVITY IN CX LAND!

Yeah, something clicked this week and I started to wrangle up the UCI and MAC weekend dates. It's wild how focused the UCI schedule is around the north east. I feel like I have this revelation every year, and yet again confirm that New Jersey is possibly the best place to live if you are interested in racing UCI, or targeting giant races.

It's really no wonder our scene suffers when in a ~15 race season there is a UCI event within 4 hours for 9 of them.

Yeah, stoke is high.

Now if I could only figure out my pit bike situation.

HATERS GONNA HATE but this shit picks up again in 3 months. The time to plan is now.

Wraith? Pink nightmare? Sumpin new?
Racing Wraith and either pit-biking the SS or building a really really cheap frame up.

I really liked having a 2x training bike and 1x race bike last season but also really need to stop spending money.

Anyone know if nittany is still uci because its not on the uci page and bikereg doesn't list it as uci?

Anyone know if nittany is still uci because its not on the uci page and bikereg doesn't list it as uci?
MAC has it on their page as UCI both days. Hmm...
It's the same weekend as Jingle CX (Saturday C2, Sunday c1). Conflict?

The times... They are a' changin'

V248CecLuD7OzXw_johsEPdZdlYxxiiJwhWA2diqKufKuOUZMrtMqp6YxwaUdNdWmdUmTxH5Kf9di7G4TFYY89RkZuPFDGEb7B3naYwCrRkO5z0=w5000-h5000

I think it was Independence. I believe it was an uninspiring course, pan flat.
My recollection was that this course was super fun. The only sandy-soil course in NJ. Tons of fast, sandy corners, a monster beach run, and crazy-tall stair run-up. It's definitely more of a power course, but I wouldn't call it uninspiring.

I think the race used to be in the old USGP Cross Series.

Thanks for the correction @mbruno. I only heard about it second hand since it was before my cross racing days. Sounds like a fun one but sooooooo far away.

For the NYCCX stuff, all the dates are super tentative but we are hoping to put on 4 races this year. Trying to fill in weekends that don't have conflicts with other UCI races or NJCX races.
Still need to go through all the permit processes, etc. but hoping to build on the fact that we pulled off Rainey Park CX in two weeks last year and didn't destroy the park!
We have a couple of different parks in mind in NYC and we are mostly trying to emphasize accessibility inside of New York and get new people into the sport that currently don't have a way of getting to the bigger racers (either owning a car or having a network of a friends with cars, etc.).

Staten Island is a fallback idea if we are having trouble getting into a park that you can ride your bike to (from within NYC). I never actually got to race there, I think I only did one race the final year it happened in Morris County on a borrowed bike. I did however once do a Wu-Tang themed alleycat race around the city that we had to take the ferry to Staten Island, race to the Stapleton Projects and back to the ferry before it left again.

I did however once do a Wu-Tang themed alleycat race around the city that we had to take the ferry to Staten Island, race to the Stapleton Projects and back to the ferry before it left again.
11/10 WOULD DO. Stapleton Projects and back in what, ~8-10 minutes if you're on the half-hour schedule? IS THAT POSSIBLE

Thanks @keithgarrison for working to pull a series together. I'm sure promoting one race is challenging so it's great that you're taking on an even bigger challenge. Rainey was a fun little race last year. I think everyone is looking forward to more!

Back
Top Bottom